Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary OST (Digital only release)

Sharkissimo

Only one - he combined 6m5 The Capture Of Marcus with 7m4/8m1 To Berlin on disc 5, and the edit omitted the beginning of To Berlin

I'm pretty sure they're fixing the glitched tracks and that's why it's not available right now

Also. the volume differences between loud and quit parts in the old OST always annoyed me. This is one of the rare album where I had set custom volumes for each tracks in itunes to try to even things out. Or else your always reaching for the volume buttons

That said the OST is probably closer to the "true recording" so it keeps it's value as such

Haven't posted here in ages...

Anyway I bought this on Wednesday on the mexican iTunes store from my phone, and now that I'm downloading on my computer it's missing tracks 12 and 13... so yeah, they're fixing the tracks I think.

Hey! Not so great... my best friend died on January and it's been pretty hard... other than that ok I guess. I did get to see Macca on 2010 and 2012, it was awesome.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie. What is the cue/track where Ellie and Mondoon drive to the T Rex paddock and find the car in the tree. Is it tracked from High Rise Stunts?

Actually I believe he's referring to 8m1 The Trouble With Dennis, which is still unreleased.

Ah I actually thought that after I had written my post. Although he is refering to tracking so the first thing that came to my mind was the second danger motif, which plays both in High Wire Stunts and in the 9m1 The Falling Car.

Of course. Thanks Incanus. It is the second danger motif I was thinking of. That last minute or so of Incident at Isla Numlar certainly sounds like the music I'm thinking of.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie too. If we're talking about the scene where Ellie is yelling "ALAN! ALAN!" and then they find Malcolm's body, that would in fact be the ending of "The Incident At Isla Nublar" CD track as Inky said (The second half of "9m1 The Falling Car")...

...right?

Aside from Mr. DNA, the new tracks sound like aborted original album tracks. They fit right in.

I prefer the sound of the original album, though. The new remaster sounds a bit overbearing on my Grados and just kinda weird after all these years. The fanfare in Journey to the Island sounds far better on the original album. That's the only real indication I need. The new remaster is inferior.

So, I am just curious. How does the newly remastered tracks sound, compared to the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1993)?

From what I have listened to on the 20th anniversary edition, the sound is absolutely amazing.

So, I am just curious. How does the newly remastered tracks sound, compared to the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1993)?

From what I have listened to on the 20th anniversary edition, the sound is absolutely amazing.

Original album sounds better.

The brass and overall dynamics sound better to me on the CD. It's supposed to have soft and loud parts, not just loudness the entire time. All the synths and instruments that are brought out are interesting to hear, but once you do hear them, you realize they should have kept their place in the original mix. The remaster is just exhausting to my ears. I'm a relatively young guy, but I don't need everything loud.

I have to disagree about your comment on the synth parts. The synths were mixed MUCH to quietly on the original release and I found myself turning the volume way up to just to hear faint synth sounds that were in the sheet music that I wanted to confirm were even recorded!

Does anyone else here feel that "Hungry Raptor" starts a bit too abruptly? It's almost as if it starts out mid-note, like it is cut off somehow, lol. You would think that it is some audio glitch perhaps, but if you listen to how it starts on the "Making Of JP" end credits, it has the same abruptness. I really like the cue, I'm just for some reason irked by it's very start, lol.

I read that it's a bit hard to do properly since apparently that scene was edited a bit differently when Hungry Raptor was originally written, hence probably a partial reason why it was mostly removed in the first place. But I think someone tried it before long ago, maybe Good Musician.

Damn I haven't realized how good of a cue T-Rex Rescue and Finale was until now. JP was always my favorite score, but that particular cue wasn't a highlight for me... Boy was I wrong! With this new remaster, I can hear every single instrument and it's glorious.

And the new cues are fantastic! I always felt it was a shame the dropped Hungry Raptor altogether from the film, but some people say it would have dated the film... I don't know, I still love it.

I'm trying to assemble the new cues into the rest of the album, not so much in a chronological order, but in the sense they can fit as a listening experience. Anyone have any tips on that?

Does anyone else here feel that "Hungry Raptor" starts a bit too abruptly? It's almost as if it starts out mid-note, like it is cut off somehow, lol. You would think that it is some audio glitch perhaps, but if you listen to how it starts on the "Making Of JP" end credits, it has the same abruptness. I really like the cue, I'm just for some reason irked by it's very start, lol.

I've noticed that too. I think it's in the synth part. The brass notes are there, but it's like there's a bit of a click to the start of the synth.

Still haven't got this... I guess I'll have to wait till the glitches are fixed.

iTunes can be notoriously bad at fixing "glitches"...they've had stuff stay on there for months and even years that was substandard or defective, even after countless complaints. My guess is that if that whatever is wrong with this release isn't fixed right away it wont be for some time...if ever.

In any event, I'll wait for a lossless release, which I'm sure will come eventually. It's not that I can tell the difference between 256 AAC and lossless (like the vast majority of the population, I can't), but I just don't like paying for lossy music on principle. And it's not as if I've been losing sleep over not having these tracks anyway.

I'm very glad to hear this is not an iTunes exclusive. If it never shows up anywhere besides Amazon mp3, I'll buy it there...but the fact that it's also showing up there gives me more hope for lossless versions becoming available.