Independence Day: Resurgence (Film and Score)

MSM

I don't think it has been posted already: Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin are making Independence Day 2 and 3.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102018

Are you interested? I am, actually...the first one was a lot of fun.

Maybe Williams will score this time :)

This has been happening for a decade, so it's not exactly breaking news. They've finally started moving forward with it, though, and they have Bill Pullman on board, but not Will Smith, although it's likely he will do it anyway.

This has been happening for a decade, so it's not exactly breaking news. They've finally started moving forward with it, though, and they have Bill Pullman on board, but not Will Smith, although it's likely he will do it anyway.

And they do have have some story details. And probably a release date (2016 ultimately).

I don't know about what they've said about the story so far. Kind of sounds like a rehash to me. I hope they avoid making that mistake.

20 years later? Pullman isn't the president anymore.

Maybe the US got rid of term limits after the alien invasion. Or Pullman served a term in 1996, took a break, then ran for office again in 2016. Either way, like other "former Presidents," he would keep the title for the rest of his life. Jimmy Carter is still "President Carter" and George Bush is still "President Bush," etc.

Don't care about the films (I've never seen the first one), but having two David Arnold score would be nice.

I mean... you can't possibly make those films without him... can you?

Karol

Is it even legal to make a sequel to the worst film ever?

I understand your frustration...aliens never come to Finland.

I'm sorry, for a minute there I thought you were referring to Battlefield Earth when you said "worst film ever". :whistle:

Shh. There is a second half of the book to film. It could happen.

Given that David Arnold hasn't worked with Emmerich since GINO, I seriously doubt he'll score these and there's no need for sequels to ID4.

ID4 was a fun film with an excellent score.

Don't care about the films (I've never seen the first one), but having two David Arnold score would be nice.

I mean... you can't possibly make those films without him... can you?

Karol

I doubt that Arnold would want to work with them again, after the "The Patriot" debacle.

• 1 year later...

I'm not getting my hopes up Arnold will return for the sequels. Hollywood wants to stay away as far as possible from the first film's sound. Heroic fanfares and themes you can whistle or hum? :shakehead:

I've watched ID4 a dozen times if not more and I still love it today.

Dumb as it may be, the movie has heart, spectacle, some fun character interactions and truly stunning miniature effects shots.

Not to mention an excellent sound mix, which is a true test for any HT setup.

It remains of my most-loved blockbusters of all time. Here's hoping the sequels will bring back the old formula which worked back then and not be more generic CGI overload extravaganzas, like I've seen too many times already.

I'm not getting my hopes up Arnold will return for the sequels. Hollywood wants to stay away as far as possible from the first film's sound. Heroic fanfares and themes you can whistle or hum? :shakehead:

Arnold or death.

Karol

• 1 month later...

Wojo was making a Star Trek joke, and you're pretending to not get it because you think its funny.

We, Um, never met Dr. What's his name's family in ID4. So he could have an identical twin. Or it could be a flashback. Or it's OH FOR GOD'S SAKE it's been twenty years, you're gonna make a sequel? The kids who saw it in the theater have kids in grade school.