Independence Day: Resurgence (Film and Score)

MSM

Jeez. Brent Spiner played Data, his predecessor Lore, their predecessor B4,their creator Dr. Soong, and an ancestor of his. Three droids and two humans. All identical or eerily similar. If anyone can play identical twins aside from Hayley Mills, it's Brent Spiner.

If David Arnold isn't scoring this, I have low expectations of the score. Harald Kloser wrote some decent themes for TDAT and AVP, but he hasn't got a candle on Arnold's ID4 score.

Since he's producing though, I don't see anyone else doing the score. :unsure:

I've suspected for a few years that Emmerich and Kloser are lovers, which is why he keeps getting the scoring gigs and producer roles.

Is Kloser 18 though? If not, he's ineligible for Emmerich or Singer.

I'm sure they have a bang-up time at those under 21 pool parties though!

I think he might have walked in on them during the scoring sessions. He was on his way to his office to collect his trusty writing pencil (he wanted to make an amendment to the Church Burning cue) and arrived to find his door ajar.

He never sat on that couch again.

I was lucky enough to go to Arnold live in Concert last year and will again in 2 months time. Independence Day was ridiculous (Good ridiculous!) There was a choir present also, which blew the roof off the place. I'm afraid I agree with others here, that without Arnold's powerhouse Score it isn't that interesting to me. Even if Williams did it in some alternate fantasy dimension, I still would miss Arnold's sweeping love theme, his massive main theme, and his classic menacing theme for the aliens. Man it's a great score.

When Emmerich does his Stargate sequels, I fear again that he wont bring Arnold back, and considering my utter devotion and obsession with all things Stargate for the past 20 years, I would never accept anything other than an Arnold return. His Stargate theme is probably my favourite theme ever written from anything.

Arnold's trifecta for me will always be Stargate, Independence Day, and Tomorrow Never Dies. He never reached those heights again in my opinion. Though a lot of his stuff after can be quite good.

TND was the first Bond score I ever listened to. I just enjoyed it as a fun action score >shrug<

Arnold's very best: Lost of the Dogmen, Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla and Tomorrow Never Dies

Seriously go and find Last of the Dogmen if you haven't got it, it's fantastic.

I'm sick of these casting announcements. Just confirm who is composing the score so I can decide whether I can get excited like a giddy schoolboy or get drunk and depressed.

Harald Kloser is producing the film....

That's a fact but only serves to scare me when no facts are available about who has signed on to score it.

By the way, I was 11 when Independence Day was released, so it's to me what Star Wars would have been to so many kids in 1977.

I'm sick of these casting announcements. Just confirm who is composing the score so I can decide whether I can get excited like a giddy schoolboy or get drunk and depressed.

Harald Kloser is producing the film....

Which is what he should continue doing if he feels he's up to the task and accept the fact he's a terribly composer. Also hire Arnold while he's at it. :)