Independence Day: Resurgence (Film and Score)

MSM

Bad news people. I asked Arnold if Kloser and Wander are scoring it, and he said that he's been told it's true. Shit... The only thing that will be in Resurgence when the film opens, is the contents of my wallet as I actively don't see it and save my money.

This will not stand !!!! :banghead:

Let's contact the entire film music community and start a petition in an attempt to rectify this fuck-up.

On the upside, they won't be seeing my money (no cinema ticket, no score purchase). :woop:

Bad news people. I asked Arnold if Kloser and Wander are scoring it, and he said that he's been told it's true. Shit... The only thing that will be in Resurgence when the film opens, is the contents of my wallet as I actively don't see it and save my money.

Obviously Emmerich values loyalty over quality.

On the plus side, I eagarly await Clemmy's predictably scathing review.

By the way, did you ask or get a sense of how Arnold feels about being overlooked on this project?

It's weird thinking about how John Williams basically caused the feud by scoring The Patriot. From what I've heard, it seems like Arnold wouldn't have been booted off had Williams not expressed interest.

We might have also gotten a John Williams X-Men score too. Given that he expressed interest before bowing out due to "scheduling issues"

Fans of movie music which isn't yet more generic RCP esque shite.

People throw that term around for some reason when RCP is pretty much gone from the Hollywood scene.

That's why I said "esque".

By the way, did you ask or get a sense of how Arnold feels about being overlooked on this project?

He never showed his hand really. Never said "I really want to do it!!!!" And didn't say "no! Never!" Either so it's hard to read, but my impressions are he would have accepted if he was asked.

He never showed his hand really. Never said "I really want to do it!!!!" And didn't say "no! Never!" Either so it's hard to read, but my impressions are he would have accepted if he was asked.

And that's the kicker in all of this. The fact that he was never asked. As a professional courtesy, Emmerich would have given Arnold the first right of refusal. But his behaviour indicates plain old bad manners.

As for Dean Devlin, I'll rub his nose in this for the rest of his life:

"As filmmakers, Roland and I treasure David Arnold's talent and dedication. This is our second film with Mr. Arnold and we look forward to continuing this fruitful collaboration for years and years to come."

And that's the kicker in all of this. The fact that he was never asked. As a professional courtesy, Emmerich would have given Arnold the first right of refusal. But his behaviour indicates plain old bad manners.

As for Dean Devlin, I'll rub his nose in this for the rest of his life:

"As filmmakers, Roland and I treasure David Arnold's talent and dedication. This is our second film with Mr. Arnold and we look forward to continuing this fruitful collaboration for years and years to come."

Yeah, exactly this ! :angry:

Must've been some bad shit between them if Devlin / Emmerich don't care about Arnold's talent anymore.

So many things about this production stink of showbiz greed, superficiality and favouritism.

Firstly, Will Smith was bumped off for whatever dubious reason; then Mae Whitman was recast with some younger, generic blonde bombshell (not a huge deal, but left a bad taste); Margaret Colin seems to have been left off the invitation list; and now this horrifying debacle in the music department.

IDR will be a half-baked turkey, neutered of its predecessor's charm - a catastrophic failure, driven by a tightly controlled marketing machine assigned with the unenviable task of concealing its shortfalls. And it can be safely speculated that it will be nothing more than a vehicle for the director's obnoxious political activism, which he's been zealously pushing for in his underwhelmingly boring post-2000s output.

When Re-turd-gence is released, and is met with low box office and 14% on Rotten Tomatoes, we'll all be thanking the gods that Arnold wasn't asked and congratulating him on a project well-missed.

Fans of movie music which isn't yet more generic RCP esque shite.

People throw that term around for some reason when RCP is pretty much gone from the Hollywood scene.

What? No it hasn't. The usual suspects are still doing scores in that style (whether they are still part of RCP or not, doesn't change the style they are asked to write).

When Re-turd-gence is released, and is met with low box office and 14% on Rotten Tomatoes, we'll all be thanking the gods that Arnold wasn't asked and congratulating him on a project well-missed.

This is the best I can hope for now.

Like who?

Huh? Djawadi, Jablonsky, Balfe, Zimmer (in some cases). I tend not to follow the composers who write in that style, so I'm sure there are more.

The film music world hasn't overnight lost Zimmer's mannerisms - I don't know where you're getting that from.

• 2 months later...
Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand.

Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand.

I know. I was just trying to point out that it looks fucking ugly for an official pic.

And it is. It's laughable.

It was probably just thrown together by the guy running the official Facebook, not the marketing arm that will market the film properly

It was probably just thrown together by the guy running the official Facebook, not the marketing arm that will market the film properly

That would be bizarre if true since the Facebook page should fall under the umbrella of the Marketing department, as does the entire social media apparatus. Every tweet, picture, or status update shouldn't be pushed out by "a guy" without any accountability.

• 1 month later...