Pish posh. 

For some of the best reading at this forum, go back to the beginning of the Better Call Saul thread and reread the comments terrified about making a prequel series, that it won't be good, won't have an arc, will be comedic standalones, and will flop. 

Here we go again. 

Examing the life of Saul Goodman before he met Walter White makes sense.

Showing us what Jessie gets up to after Walter frees him does not.  Leave it to our imagination.

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

Showing us what Jessie gets up to after Walter frees him does not.  Leave it to our imagination.

Agreed!

Unless if what they show us is incredibly... INCREDIBLY good.

It's probably the latter. Or maybe some offshoot film set in the same universe. 

Still, some part of me thinks its a shame Gilligan never really found much success outside of the Breaking Bad world.

Never?  He's only 51 dude, plenty of stuff is in his future.  He's been writing a miniseries about Jim Jones for years now that will come out on HBO

Breaking Bad, the series, is a complete story.  It has a beginning and an end.  No matter what they add to it, it will still stand up as its own Great Thing.

I'm fine with them doing spin-offs, sequel movies, etc.  If it's not very good, that's fine - I just won't watch it again.  The show was still good.

Same with anything else that's franchised.  Stuff you don't like shouldn't diminish the stuff that you do.

18 hours ago, Quintus said:

Jesse: The Movie

Yeah, bitch!

Makes me wonder if they will tie it in at all with the Better Call Saul flash forwards of Jimmy/Gene working at the Cinnabon. Maybe Jesse manages to find him, since he’s the only person he can turn to?  They’re the only ones who can help each other?  Jimmy’s  complete isolation in last season’s opener was suffocating.  Jesse Pinkman hasn’t been part of the Better Call Saul storyline so I kind of doubt it will lead to him (if anything I think Kim would be the one to track him down), but until we learn more it gives us some food for thought.