BREAKING BAD

Jay

Oh my, I'm disappointed in myself for not realising Heisenberg's, I mean Walt's motivation there. But yes, it makes perfect sense, as do his tears. He's saying goodbye in a twisted sort of way. And I just thought his ego was taking over in all its vindictiveness.

The way it was shot and staged you are supposed to think he's just being ultimate Heisenberg criminal mind, but halfway through the conversation you realize he's saying what he's saying to protect Skyler and doesn't really mean it, and I think Skyler realized halfway through the conversation too.

If he knew the cops were listening, which I think we can all agree he did, why wouldn't he say something like "Hank was killed by Jack (whatever his last name is)", so the cops can go find him and likely find his meth lab too?

Is it because he wants to kill Jack himself?

No, I honestly don't think he went full-out Heisenberg. The way he was crying, the overdone extremity of his menace, and taking blame for Hanks death is so that he could completely absolve his family of his crimes. Because despite all his faults, Walt is still a family man. And even though he ultimately failed to protect and keep his family together, he couldn't help but do whatever he could to keep his family away from the consequences of his crimes. And now, once again for family, Walt will pursue Jack to avenge Hank.

Well, I have no sympathy for you if you read something you didn't want to. I'd get out of here now!

Breaking Bad is one of the most popular shows on TV right now. Most of my friends group watches it. I don't get what the big deal is.

So Wojo enjoys quality television, I dunno what the big deal is. Not to mention the fact that Wojo's last avatar, which was up for probably 2 months, was also Breaking Bad related.

I'm sure its Nielsen ratings are laughable compared to shows like The Mentalist.

Well obviously, I wasn't suggesting they weren't.

No, I honestly don't think he went full-out Heisenberg. The way he was crying, the overdone extremity of his menace, and taking blame for Hanks death is so that he could completely absolve his family of his crimes. Because despite all his faults, Walt is still a family man. And even though he ultimately failed to protect and keep his family together, he couldn't help but do whatever he could to keep his family away from the consequences of his crimes. And now, once again for family, Walt will pursue Jack to avenge Hank.

And by far the most telling clue was his uncharacteristic calling of Skylar a bitch.

I've been watching BB since April.

I burned through Stargate Universe and all but five of Atlantis last year, until Netflix pulled the plug.

Mad Men doesn't interest me. But I would like a new show to watch through with my girlfriend. BB has been the latest. I don't know what the next will be.

And by far the most telling clue was his uncharacteristic calling of Skylar a bitch.

Exactly, not to mention taking credit for the death of Hank, which Heisenberg doesn't usually do (take credit for things he didn't do)

It's all true, of course. But he's also a man who lost everything at this point - betrayed by his partner, henchmen, even family, despised by brother-in-law (who would rather die than accept help) and stripped of most of his fortune. It kind of shatters his self-image of "family provider" that Gus Fring instilled in Walt, doesn't it? And that is a definitive fantasy of a guy who was invisible to everybody back in episode 1. He might act a bit out of character and that's also the point. I can totally buy that.

And, quite possibly, Walt becomes quite self-concious when he says all that. Hence, his tears.

As I said, it can be both.

Karol

I'm sure his goal now is to make sure Holly somehow gets to inherit the $11 million, though I dunno how he can possibly make that happen

If he somehow can pull it off, it almost provides him with a happy ending and closure. Not sure if this show head in that direction, to be honest.

Would that be a good thing, you think?

Karol

I don't really have an opinion on if the ending should be a happy one or a sad one. As long as they stay true to the characters, and what happens makes sense, I will likely be happy

That being said, I think the final episode will include Walt's death, but whether that is by cancer, suicide by ricin pill, murder by Jesse/Skyler/Marie/Junior/Uncle Jack, or someone else, I dunno

Many people have thought that since around season 2 or so, but now with the current circumstances, how is that possible??

Jesse is tied up like a dog on a leash in the hands of neo nazi drug lords. How in the world will he possibly escape in order to murder Walt?

I mean, there are 2 solutions: He gets the upper hand on Meth Damon, killing him and getting the handcuff keys out of his pocket. But then what he is gonna do - he's in the middle of nowhere. The other solution is that Walt arrives and frees him - but that that seem likely, considering Walt just OKed Jesse's death?

But the REAL problem is that, Jesse's lifespan is very shortlived. As soon as he shows Meth Damon how to properly cook blue meth, he's gonna be killed, right?

Hmmm, interesting. So maybe Lydia shows up and sees the new batch and - voila! - it's blue, and Lydia goes "good job Todd, how did you do it?" and he shows Lydia that he has Jesse.... and Lydia then goes "get this poor man out of this cell, he's coming with me!" or something?

I dunno....

So much can still happen. Honestly, I have no idea what's coming.

But it has been already established she's a greedy woman and quality of her product is more important to her than anything else.

Karol

I think Meth Damon KNOWS how to cook the crystal blue persuasion. He's just not very good at it. He makes mistakes. He's not the perfectionist that Walt is, or even Jesse, who learned a high level of quality from the master. Todd believes the product he makes is good enough and is OK with that, but Lydia's been pressuring him otherwise.

We know the original plan was for Walt to cook one more batch with Todd after Jesse was killed, but Todd stepped in. The rationale is twofold: to learn what Jesse told about Jack's gang, which was held off camera, but to get Jesse to cook again instead of Walt. Walt was going to cook only once, but as long as Jesse cooks for them, he can stay alive. That will put off the call to Walt to come cook, though they don't know he went into hiding. Todd will think he's doing Walt a favor, but he's really stretching things out until The Final Confrontation.

Right, he said as much in the prior episode when he was talking to Lydia, that he cooked one part of it for too long ("So you burned it, like a cake," she said). That batch was 76% pure, and possibly with Jesse and Meth Damon doing it together, they will get it not only higher than that, but blue as well.

But STILL! Won't they just KILL Jesse as soon as they get there! I think he has DAYS to live, not MONTHS. And we know Walt doesn't come back until after his 52nd birthday, which is still months away.

Conditions changed. What were they getting for killing Jesse? Walt's services and some money. They now have 6/7 of Walt's money and a cook as capable and more willing as Walt. They have no reason to kill Jesse because now the blue meth can last indefinitely.

Or I just want to see Jesse and Walt get one last crack at each other.

But the blue meth can last indefinitely as soon as Jesse shows Todd whatever he was doing wrong. They don't need Jesse to do it every time.

Well, sure. And like I said, all he has to do is catch Todd off-guard for one second, smash him over the head with something, and take the keys out of his pocket.

Unless Todd is smart enough to leave the handcuff key out of range of the chain run

But the blue meth can last indefinitely as soon as Jesse shows Todd whatever he was doing wrong. They don't need Jesse to do it every time.

Again, like Wojo said, its a matter of skill. Even someone as smart as Gale had trouble picking up after Walt. Its not easy, and Meth Damon knows how to cook, he's just bad at it. Jesse is there to ensure quality. They need him, they won't kill him.

I doubt that Jack and his goons are clever enough to thank Jesse for betraying Walt in the first place. That's what led them to the stash. Had Jesse behaved and been killed quickly, Walt would have cooked one and done. Then when Todd laxes again, they would have no leverage over Walt to return and improve the quality. Sure, Lydia would beg again. Now they have a free cook they don't have to pay, and Todd can even relax again. Or one can go to Czech Republic to cook.

Again, like wojo said, its a matter of skill. Even someone as smart as Gale had trouble picking up after Walt. Its not.easy, and Meth Damon knows how to cook, he's just bad at it. Jesse is therw to ensure quality. They need him, they won't kill him.

You're implying here that Jesse is a better meth cook than Gale, which just can't be true!

I doubt that Jack and his goons are clever enough to thank Jesse for betraying Walt in the first place. That's what led them to the stash. Had Jesse behaved and been killed quickly, Walt would have cooked one and done. Then when Todd laxes again, they would have no leverage over Walt to return and improve the quality. Sure, Lydia would beg again. Now they have a free cook they don't have to pay, and Todd can even relax again. Or one can go to Czech Republic to cook.

Jesse will only cook for them for so long before he just loses all will to live though. The threat of them killing Andrea and Brock will only last so long.

You're completely wrong. Jesse is as good if not a better cook than Gale, that much was proven in Mexico. Todd is not, and no matter how much he watches Jesse it doesn't mean he's going to automatically become better. Its a matter of skill which he just doesn't have. Baseball players all know how to hit a baseball, but not everyone is an all-star. Walt and Jesse are all-stars, Todd is in the minors.

And what motivation would they have to really kill Jesse. He's a great cook, whom they can keep and force to cook at their will. Jesse isn't just going to give up after a while, because he knows it mean Andrea and Brock are dead. That motivation isn't going to weaken until one of them are dead.

There's going to have to be a time jump to Walt's 52nd birthday, by which he has changed his looks and is going by a different identity. I think during this time Jesse will be cooking for Lydia and the Nazis because he's a better cook than Todd and really the best after Walt. His skills are the only thing keeping him alive, and though he's pretty much lost all will to live I think him wanting to get revenge on Walt could keep him going.

The final 2 episodes will be an extended length of 75 minutes each (That's with commercials, roughly 55 minutes each with them removed).

This Sunday's is titled "Granite State" and is written and directed by Peter Gould, who wrote "Blood Money" (Episode 2 of the final 8) and wrote/directed "Problem Dog" from Season 4. He also wrote/directed all of the "minisodes" that were released between seasons 2 and 3 - anybody here watch those? I'm sure they are on the blu rays I own, but I haven't taken the shrinkwrap off those yet.

The series finale, "Felina", is written and directed by Vince Gillgan, of course.

What I like about the name "Felina" for the final episode is that it's not only "Finale" with the letters jumbled, it's also three elements - Fe = Iron, Li = Lithium, Na = Sodium.