Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Pish posh. 

 

For some of the best reading at this forum, go back to the beginning of the Better Call Saul thread and reread the comments terrified about making a prequel series, that it won't be good, won't have an arc, will be comedic standalones, and will flop. 

 

Here we go again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Examing the life of Saul Goodman before he met Walter White makes sense.

 

Showing us what Jessie gets up to after Walter frees him does not.  Leave it to our imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jay said:

Showing us what Jessie gets up to after Walter frees him does not.  Leave it to our imagination.

 

Agreed!

 

Unless if what they show us is incredibly... INCREDIBLY good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably the latter. Or maybe some offshoot film set in the same universe. 

 

Still, some part of me thinks its a shame Gilligan never really found much success outside of the Breaking Bad world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking Bad, the series, is a complete story.  It has a beginning and an end.  No matter what they add to it, it will still stand up as its own Great Thing.

 

I'm fine with them doing spin-offs, sequel movies, etc.  If it's not very good, that's fine - I just won't watch it again.  The show was still good.

 

Same with anything else that's franchised.  Stuff you don't like shouldn't diminish the stuff that you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Quintus said:

Jesse: The Movie

 

Yeah, bitch!

 

Makes me wonder if they will tie it in at all with the Better Call Saul flash forwards of Jimmy/Gene working at the Cinnabon. Maybe Jesse manages to find him, since he’s the only person he can turn to?  They’re the only ones who can help each other?  Jimmy’s  complete isolation in last season’s opener was suffocating.  Jesse Pinkman hasn’t been part of the Better Call Saul storyline so I kind of doubt it will lead to him (if anything I think Kim would be the one to track him down), but until we learn more it gives us some food for thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it has no fantasy, sci-fi, or romance aspects at all.  It's largely about a high school science who turns 50 and finds out that his wife is pregnant and that he has cancer.  He gets worried about his family not having enough money so he ends up cooking crystal meth with a former student of his who is now in his 20s, and from there they get more and more into the criminal world as they need to find dealers to distribute it, then people higher up in the drug cartels want to being selling his meth because it's better than theirs, and things keep getting worse from there.  And then there are side stories largely all about various criminals, but also about some people including his brother in law trying to bring the cartel members and our "heroes" to justice.

 

It's a terrific show with amazing writing and many scenes of great tension and character development and interaction, but if you'll watch it you'll probably complain to us about it being too confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean you found things no one else found confusing such as the Firefly movie confusing, so you'll probably complain about this one too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay said:

I mean you found things no one else found confusing such as the Firefly movie confusing, so you'll probably complain about this one too

 

Why does no-one remember all the banal dramas I've reviewed in the Older Films thread but that stupid space buffy movie sticks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Wow dwaks you must bwe weally weally simple. You should appweciate how Jay went down to what he thought was youwr wevel to talk two u. 

 

That's not what I did at all.  Nice try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Original said:

 

Why does no-one remember all the banal dramas I've reviewed in the Older Films thread but that stupid space buffy movie sticks?

 

Because it's shocking that anybody would find such a straight forward plot confusing.  And because you posted about it multiple times instead of letting it go I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay said:

 

Because it's shocking that anybody would find such a straight forward plot confusing.  And because you posted about it multiple times instead of letting it go I guess

 

It's a crappy movie with a muddled story. I still can't even work out what it's about, yet everyone else pretends to love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Original said:

 

It's a crappy movie with a muddled story. I still can't even work out what it's about, yet everyone else pretends to love it.

 

We told you a thousand times the movie is meant to provide some kind of resolution for those who watched the TV series first. That's how you should watch it, as a final episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Drax it is the greatest tv show of all time, except for maybe the Wire.

 

See that's all Jay had to say, but he chose the usual condescension of which he has no self-awareness.

 

2 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

 

We told you a thousand times the movie is meant to provide some kind of resolution for those who watched the TV series first. That's how you should watch it, as a final episode.

 

I have, and it still makes no sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, The Original said:

What's this show like?

 

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well it has no fantasy, sci-fi, or romance aspects at all.  It's largely about a high school science who turns 50 and finds out that his wife is pregnant and that he has cancer.  He gets worried about his family not having enough money so he ends up cooking crystal meth with a former student of his who is now in his 20s, and from there they get more and more into the criminal world as they need to find dealers to distribute it, then people higher up in the drug cartels want to being selling his meth because it's better than theirs, and things keep getting worse from there.  And then there are side stories largely all about various criminals, but also about some people including his brother in law trying to bring the cartel members and our "heroes" to justice.

 

It's a terrific show with amazing writing and many scenes of great tension and character development and interaction

 

How is this not helpful to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

How convenient that your last line is not there

 

 but if you'll watch it you'll probably complain to us about it being too confusing.

 

I can't make predictions?

If he found Serenity confusing, he'll probably find this confusing too.  What's the problem?  I can't utilize the knowledge he himself has posted to help inform him that I feel he won't like this show?


You guys sure are quick to jump down my throat at anything I say you disagree with

 

 

1 minute ago, The Original said:

Only after your initial "drakz aint smart enuff 2 wotch aech bee oh snob tee vee" response!

 

I never once said anything about your intelligence level.  Please don't put words in my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay said:

 

I can't make predictions?

If he found Serenity confusing, he'll probably find this confusing too.  What's the problem?  I can't utilize the knowledge he himself has posted which I read to help inform him that I feel he won't like this show?


You guys sure are quick to jump down my throat at anything I say you disagree with

 

See you're so negative! Something like "if you thought Godzilla didn't have enough Bryan Cranston, you'll never get rid of him in Breaking Bad" not too difficult a response?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You asked what the show was like, and I told you.  I also predicted you wouldn't like it, because I've been reading you talk about shows and movies for over a decade so I know what your tastes are, and based on that I predicted that you will not like this show.

 

I don't see what the problem is and I don't care any more.  Either watch the show or don't, it makes no difference to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it's actually not true that I keep bringing up Serenity. Other people keep rubbing my nose in it and I just respond to it that it didn't make sense. Boring movie too.

 

Doesn't necessarily mean I'd respond the same way to Breaking Bad. You never know, I might enjoy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Drax - Firefly is overrated and its movie is worse.  Breaking Bad is really good!

 

I didn't mind Firefly really. Quirky little sci-fi adventure show. But the movie feels too disconnected somehow, I'm not sure who the baddies are meant to be, why that black guy is after something, why they go to that planet with all those dead people, etc, etc. Nice David Newman score though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Original said:

 

I didn't mind Firefly really. Quirky little sci-fi adventure show. But the movie feels too disconnected somehow, I'm not sure who the baddies are meant to be, why that black guy is after something, why they go to that planet with all those dead people, etc, etc. Nice David Newman score though.

 

Amazing that you remember everything about this movie but that you don't understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...