BREAKING BAD

Jay

9 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Q caused a plane collision. I swear this show has Seinfeld influences in its "degrees of separation" writing.

Fun fact: the four episodes from season 2 that begin with a flash forward to the teddy bear in the pool, etc, are titled "747", "Down", "Over", and "ABQ", which when combined into a sentence describe what happens in that episode. 

You talking about the Fly episode I take it? I wasn't into it. My least favourite of the lot though is probably the one where Jesse wallows in drugged up depression for the whole episode. That one is really boring on reruns. 

It's a good one, but know the stories are almost exclusively character based.  The "plots" are mostly just designed to put characters in new positions and reveal new aspects of them and their relationships with others.  It's relatively short too, only 63 episodes.  And often darkly comedic.  Plenty of terrific actors keep popping up throughout, too.

He saw an opportunity to get rid of Jane and she did it to herself. But when Walt poisoned the kid just to provoke Jesse's reaction and engineer his master plan to off Gus, that was just brutal - nothing at all like the meek and mild Walt we knew earlier. He really is Darth Heisenberg by this point.

All finished!

On 6/27/2019 at 12:24 AM, Jay said:

It's not for you Drax

On 6/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Jay said:

Well it has no fantasy, sci-fi, or romance aspects at all.  It's largely about a high school science who turns 50 and finds out that his wife is pregnant and that he has cancer.  He gets worried about his family not having enough money so he ends up cooking crystal meth with a former student of his who is now in his 20s, and from there they get more and more into the criminal world as they need to find dealers to distribute it, then people higher up in the drug cartels want to being selling his meth because it's better than theirs, and things keep getting worse from there.  And then there are side stories largely all about various criminals, but also about some people including his brother in law trying to bring the cartel members and our "heroes" to justice.

It's a terrific show with amazing writing and many scenes of great tension and character development and interaction, but if you'll watch it you'll probably complain to us about it being too confusing.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:21 AM, Jay said:

You asked what the show was like, and I told you.  I also predicted you wouldn't like it, because I've been reading you talk about shows and movies for over a decade so I know what your tastes are, and based on that I predicted that you will not like this show.

I don't see what the problem is and I don't care any more.  Either watch the show or don't, it makes no difference to me.

source (3).gif

Have an A1 day!

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

AMC will air it. I'm sure Netflix and AMC produced it together.

The production company is Sony and it's distributed by Netflix and AMC.

However, the most important thing is that Vince Gilligan is the talent behind it.