Hans Zimmer's Man Of Steel

Jay

Sonically, this treatment of America comes across via a grouping of pedal steel guitars (instead of the usual string section), banging titanium and steel sculptures, and organizing "a who's who of drummers" in a 12-member drum circle

Sounds sonically epic to me!

Did he compose any other score while composing this one?

I assume The Lone Ranger, since that OST comes out 2 weeks later

no, in amber for some future alien to find and not extract his dna

So, as far as I can tell, Zimmer is giving Superman the "post-POTC", Sherlock Holmes

treatment.

Rooted in his Midwest character (or at least upbringing), it's going to be a post-post-

modern riff on folk music elements with prominent drumming and steel guitars.

And it will be light.

Did he compose any other score while composing this one?

I assume The Lone Ranger, since that OST comes out 2 weeks later

Are we even sure he composed that one?

Sonically, this treatment of America comes across via a grouping of pedal steel guitars (instead of the usual string section), banging titanium and steel sculptures, and organizing "a who's who of drummers" in a 12-member drum circle, including Jason Bonham, Sheila E. and Pharrell Williams. "The great thing about Superman is that everybody loves Superman," Zimmer said with a laugh. "It's very easy making the call and saying, 'Hey, can you come?' I remember phoning Pharrell and him saying, 'I'm right in the middle of producing the Beyonce album in Miami.' 'Jason Bonham's in Miami, and he's getting on a plane!' Next morning, there's Pharrell, looking a little bleary-eyed."

Hmm....sounds like the score will be lining on ambiance and country sounds, considering the supposed replacement of the string section.

I'm being very presumptuous but that's my guess. It doesn't sound like I'll be falling in love with what stuff he'll be bringing to the table.

Please tell me that was just a mistake about replacing the usual string section. But, hey, at least Zimmer knows that if there's one thing we need in a Superman score, it's a by God drum circle!

This is going to be really special, I know it.

Disclaimer for Koray:

Hans Zimmer writes all the music for his scores himself. He doesn't have ghostwriters, assistants nor does he ever farm cues out to other employees of his company. He is just that talented.

Hans zimmer score and endcredits with one direction song! i despair!,and film will probably be over done effects like alot of films these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Now up for pre-order on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C2U6EUG/

The above listing has been updated to indicate that it will be TWO CDs, and now there is a listing for a Deluxe Edition (also TWO CDs) as well

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C2U6G7C/

So Water Tower Records is basically repeating their "An Unexpected Journey" marketing plan. Discuss.

But BOTH versions are 2 disc sets - its not like the standard OST is one disc, and the DE is two discs... they are BOTH two-disc sets, just like AUJ

I won't buy this album. I'll wait for feedback on the score and then download the most noteworthy individual tracks.

Two discs for a Zimmer score, Jesus!

Only things Zimmer scores are worth for are guilty pleasures.

I wonder how complete this will be compared to the Hobbit (in terms of the difference between Zimmer and Shore's concepts of album listening experience)

That is so boring. Even Zimmer has done way better elsewhere before. I wanted something a bit more special here. So much for "being terrified at the job".

What happened to judging it as trailer music? This was my problem with everyone's posts, judging the entire score based on nothing.

If that is indeed the new Zimmer theme, it is considerably worse than i dared to anticipate. SUPERMAN - THE CLUMSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUlsQ5ds4M&feature=player_embedded

Zimmer himself said it was truncated and reworked just for the trailer.

That is so boring. Even Zimmer has done way better elsewhere before. I wanted something a bit more special here. So much for "being terrified at the job".

What happened to judging it as trailer music? This was my problem with everyone's posts, judging the entire score based on nothing.

I'm not judging the entire score, it's my impression of that demo only. My fear is that the entire score might be in general boring like that with a highlight here and there.

I remember some of the trailer music by Zimmer for The Dark Knight Rises. I liked it, it made me strangely hopeful that there'd something cool done with the third entry in tone or style. Which didn't actually happen at all, but still.

I'm not judging the entire score, it's my impression of that demo only. My fear is that the entire score might be in general boring like that with a highlight here and there.

Don't you feel that is too big a reach?