Hans Zimmer's Man Of Steel

Jay

I think Giacchino's style is well suited for the patriotic-ness and action-ness of a Captain America movie. Plus it was strongly rumored he was briefly signed for the first film before he had to back out due to scheduling issues. I don't even know wtf Guardians of the Galaxy is really, but what little I've seen, it looks really dumb. Plus with it opening a month after Jupiter Ascending, it might not be possible.

Right.

I just don't need a Medal of Honor retread. I'd have preferred he did something like Pacific Rim. I brought up GotG because it's the next Marvel in the lineup but wasn't sure of the time of release.

Oh yea, it would have been awesome if Giacchino scored Pacific Rim, or Man Of Steel, or Lone Ranger, or Turbo, or Riddick, or Carrie, or Ender's Game, or any other number of 2013 films. But I think the self-imposed sabbatical he took after scoring 4 films in 2011 (only coming back to score Star Trek 2 before 2014) was definitely earned and I can't really argue with the man wanting to spend more time with his family. Anyway, if Jupiter Ascending and Tomorrowland is all Giacchino scores in 2014, that's still a pretty good year. Though I wouldn't mind if he added another (Captain America 2, Godzilla, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, or something else)

And FWIW, I doubt a Giacchino scored Captain America 2 would sound like a MOH retread at all. I mean, MOH: Airborne wasn't a retread of the original 3, and now with another 6 years of evolution to his sound, who knows what it would sound like. I betcha it'd be good though.

Giacchino's sound has evolved a lot since the days MOH. If he were to score MOH today, it'd be pretty different. I personally don't think it was for the better though as I prefer the MOH sound over his recent output.

When you see Jaws or Star Wars or Close Encounters or E.T. or Jurassic Park or Harry Potter you can pretty much go nuts and notice the music.

And i have seen people complaining "everytime" the raiders' march sounds during an indiana jones film.

Is there anything wrong with GIacchino's Star Trek?

I like the score, from what I gather, people find that:

Its not as deep as the other scores, its dryly recorded, and to some "bland", it goes in one ear and out the other, you have no recollection of listening to it.

It sounds fun though. There is more engaging action than in most other Trek scores too. In fact, it is the only one I ever listened all the way through.

And i have seen people complaining "everytime" the raiders' march sounds during an indiana jones film.

People can complain about ruddy bloody everything. Doesn't stop the Raiders March from being ruddy bloody awesome though.

I don't even understand why for Last Crusade, Spielberg and Williams themselves felt the need to tone it down a notch.

It was put to wonderful use many, many times in Temple of Doom!

Here's hoping Giacchino scores Captain America 2

Is there any chance of Alan Silvestri returning?

Here's hoping Giacchino scores Captain America 2

Is there any chance of Alan Silvestri returning?

According to IMDB, Henry Jackman is attached to the project.

All music makes you forget about other music (except when it sounds even slightly similar to something else) when you are listening to it, but once you are done, you remember the other music again.

There are no spoilers

1. Look To The Stars

2. Oil Rig

3. Sent Here For A Reason

4. DNA

5. Goodbye My Son

6. If You Love These People

7. Krypton’s Last

8. Terraforming

9. Tornado

10. You Die Or I Do

11. Launch

12. Ignition

13. I Will Find Him

14. This Is Clark Kent

15. I Have So Many Questions

16. Flight

17. What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World?

18. Man Of Steel (Hans’ Original Sketchbook)

Additional tracks on Deluxe Edition:

Are You Listening, Clark?

General Zod

You Led Us Here

This Is Madness

Earth

Arcade

The drumming material sounds akin to what we heard in the trailer.

But I didn't think the new Zimmer wrote music like this anymore, but it sure sounds like him.

18. Man Of Steel (Hans Original Sketchbook)

What does that mean?

Amazon says that it's a 28 minute track.

Both the standard and deluxe editions will include the epic track Man of Steel (Hans Original Sketchbook) which clocks in at over 28 minutes long. This exclusive track is performed solely by Zimmer, and allows listeners to experience firsthand his initial experiments with the film's music, which ultimately lay the foundation for the film's final score.

OST Details:

51GH5-83gnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Track Listing:

Disc: 1

1. Look to the Stars

2. Oil Rig

3. Sent here for a Reason

4. DNA

5. Goodbye My Son

7. Krypton's Last

8. Terraforming

9. Tornado

10. You Die or I Do

11. Launch

12. Ignition

13. I Will Find Him

14. This is Clark Kent

16. Flight

17. What Are You Going to Do When You Are Not Saving the World?

Disc: 2

1. Man of Steel (Hans' Original Sketchbook)

DE Details:

61ABiAJhDyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Track Listing:

Disc: 1

1. Look to the Stars

2. Oil Rig

3. Sent here for a Reason

4. DNA

5. Goodbye My Son

7. Krypton's Last

8. Terraforming

9. Tornado

10. You Die or I Do

11. Launch

12. Ignition

13. I Will Find Him

14. This is Clark Kent

16. Flight

17. What Are You Going to Do When You Are Not Saving the World?

Disc: 2

1. Man of Steel (Hans' Original Sketchbook)

2. Are You Listening, Clark?

3. General Zod

4. You Led Us Here

5. This Is Madness!

6. Earth

7. Arcade

28 minutes of Zimmer playing on his keyboard? Count me out.

Curious about the rest of the score though.

Ugghhh .... I wish me some John Ottman.

I just listened to Superman Returns again, and perceived it as a much better score than I had remembered. Which would beg for the question: am I really so dissapointed by modern scores, or is it really that good?

A second disc for a 28 minutes sketchbook? Why not a link for a digital download?

There are also 6 other tracks; and why not a second disc? Should the extra Hobbit material have been a digital download too?

Well, the additional Hobbit material is not a guy hammering away minor chords on a keyboard with little sonic depth.

So no, it shouldn't have been a digital download.

A Zimmer track is as enjoyable on a CD as it is on a MP3 download.

The regular OST only has the sketch track on disc 2.

So they really should have just released the longer version at the price of the shorter version and left it at that. I'm really digging the art for the DE though.

My comment was meant to be taken in humour, not seriously ;)

Admittedly I never really listened to any of the PotC demos. I thought they were just synth demos, but having just listened to your example on youtube, I see that's not the case.Huh.

Well, the additional Hobbit material is not a guy hammering away minor chords on a keyboard with little sonic depth.

So no, it shouldn't have been a digital download.

A Zimmer track is as enjoyable on a CD as it is on a MP3 download.

The regular OST only has the sketch track on disc 2.

So because you don't like the music it shouldn't be available in lossless quality for everyone else that does. Seems legit.