Hans Zimmer started on INTERSTELLAR

publicist

He said: ''Working on 'Interstellar' was the best experience I ever had on a film, so I suppose that would mean he's my favourite director to work with. It was so great I'm actually going to take some time off from movies now ... We just work really good together and we have very similar sensibilities and I think the most important thing is that we're very supportive of each other. You sit there in this weird vacuum of having to make this movie and having all this pressure on you and we just try and protect each other from getting it wrong.''

http://www.movies-pack.com/hans-zimmer-wont-reveal-interstellar-secrets-287886

Yeah sure....

Or, more likely, this is just someone else who saw Pub's comparison on here, and has decided to spread it around as "official."

Until Hybrid Soldier on Hans' site says what it is one way or another, no one really knows.

Indeed. Though I suspect he's been busy with his big London tour thingy this week.

Trying to prevent the spread of misinformation about this trailer piece on NF has been a nightmare. Not here too, now!

Oh. I thought the debate was that Zimmer or RC arranged Bartok for the trailer.

And it definitely sounds like Zimmer to me. Sounds like a natural extension of the organ sounds from the very first teaser.

I believe the argument is that HZ took Bartok and "modernized" it, in a way, for Interstellar instead of being completely original.

As someone who doesn't particularly care for Zimmer, and who loves "The Wooden Prince", even I think it's a stretch.

The uploader who wrote the video description makes it sound as though it's a known fact or proven truth, and it's not. I don't agree with his assessment based on the track times he listed.

A stretch indeed! Aside from the interval, there really isn't all that much they have in common.

Shall we ban pub for causing this mess? ;)

This time they are!

Maybe he's being an extraordinary musicologist like Horner and is drawing some very profound parallels between the Bartok and the Nolan bros' story. To enrich the score's language by forging associations with the existing musical literature. You know, the kind of stuff that definitely doesn't bring the word "bullshit" to mind.

I've been listening to that piece from the IMAX trailer a lot. I'm absolutely certain that it's by Hans. You can just barely hear the unmistakable Zimmer horns at a few points. And I think the fact that no one on his site has said anything one way or the other is telling.

Just read in an EW article that there were 45 scoring sessions for this film.

I already feel the pain of an incomplete release and the subsequent wait for the real deal. Fuck!