The Music of NBC News (1998)

Good afternoon!

I've found a very interesting issue (especially for me as a Williams fan and a Network News themes collector) of 1998. It's an album titled "The Music of NBC News" (that's the link: http://www.jw-collection.de/classical/nbc.htm).

Anybody knows anything about it? Is it possible to get it? Or to listen to it? I often listen to some pieces from The Mission on NetworkNewsMusic.com, but it would be great to have he full NBC News Pack by John Williams.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that's not a bootleg -- and it does not say so in the page.

This was a volume two of a promotional disc sent to NBC affiliates all over the United States for use on their broadcasts. Of main interest on this set was the inclusion of part of Williams music, written and recorded between 1985 and 1988.

There was a volume one, released in 1993, that included some adaptations on the Williams material, but nothing done orchestrally, just some synths versions.

Indeed it says... wrongly, I'm afraid. I did saw the CD-R reference, and actually thought you mentioned it was a bootleg due to that.

Anyway, it's not a bootleg, and the real thing that went to the NBC affiliates was a set of pressed discs.