Sign in to follow this  
jangoisbaddest

Hello there!

Just signed up because this forum looks awesome, and sometimes it's difficult to find folks who are into movie scores (and even John Williams) as I am.

Also, as someone who is altering his career path entirely to pursue music composition, I hope to gain some valuable insight through a more through study of his work. I'm hoping there are some decent scores out there for me to peruse. :D

I'm just about to start my second bachelors, though pretty much all of my core courses are transferring. I've written a solo piano piece and I'm working on one for full orchestra, as well as a string quartet. Trying to do some arranging, too, when time (and law) permits.

Well, I figure on taking a year here in Denver to get my chops back into shape, then apply to Curtis and see if I can finish out my Bachelor's there. Either way, USC/UCLA graduate programs for film scoring are my ultimate goal.

@WilliamsStarShip: because a lot of the stuff I like to arrange requires hefty royalties, so I end up arranging them without having the ability to get them performed, which is kind of a drag. No matter...it's all about the practice, anyway.