BloodBoal

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me BB, should I be afraid to see what lurks beyond that link? Will there be monsters?

But the scary foghorn may lurk beynd that portal. I couldn't take it. Not this modern thing they call a succesful soundtrack.

Cheers for linking, looks like some parts worth reading there. What's annoying about these lists though (and what will probably put me off reading) is the way they're so obviously structured and designed to earn the website page hits, which generate advertising revenue. Literally the only reason they're put together. I mean, did it really have to be just one entry per page? Makes skim reading impossible. Sod that!

Empire should just ditch the magazine, give up the ghost, and concentrate efforts into expanding their online influence before they become less of an empire and more like a bandit camp in the desert.

Yeah it is painfully slow to read these individual pages. Skimming is not an option. Irritating.

Cheers for the link though BloodBoal!

You don't need to read each soundtrack entry seperately! Just go here: http://www.empireonline.com/features/decade-defining-soundtracks-00s/

If we're talking "greatest soundtracks," then obviously I have problems with this list (I think most here will). But if we're talking soundtrack that "defined the decade," which at various points this list claims to be, then they're not too far off. My only big JW-related correction would be placing HP Sorceror's Stone in the 2000s list. Also I'm really surprised that neither PotC nor Gladiator made it.

Well there was a nice if all-heard-before Indiana Jones / JW article. :)

Given the number of CD listed I was surprised at how few of them I have in my collection.

Although I'm holding out for a definative release of Breakfast at Tiffany's and several of the listed ones I got rid of or had in older formats when I was younger.