Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea I was gonna see it in the theater but... ehhhhhh I'll just wait till I can watch it at home

The visuals lose their impact on the small screen. It should hit second-run theaters within the next week or so, so you can see it in theaters without the first-run price.

My wife has no interest so I either go this week while she's away on a business trip or wait for home

On 26/04/2016 at 8:09 PM, Jay said:

Yea I was gonna see it in the theater but... ehhhhhh I'll just wait till I can watch it at home

I was against the movie in the first place and the panning put me off even more. I know the nerds claimed it's great but I don't trust them any more than I trust Claudia Winkleman's taste in movies. I'll wait for the upcoming BRRIP. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Good God.

1 minute ago, Romão said:

It's an horrendous movie, IMHO

:sarcasm:

Oh please! It's decent blockbuster cinema. Don't believe the critics. There are far worse Superman and Batman movies out there.

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Alexcremers said:

They cut all the depth and meaning!

Lol......no.

You can't cut what didn't exist.

Joe still shaking head over the Martha red herring.

It's an ugly looking film too. All orange and blue.

Another film afraid of real colors

It sure doesn't look like colors we see in our world. It's so drab.

22 minutes ago, Joey said:

It sure doesn't look like colors we see in our world. It's so drab.

Too bad Schindler's List is in B&W. It could have been an okay film (when there's really nothing else on and you feel a bit under the weather) but now it's just drab.

30 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Too bad Schindler's List is in B&W. It could have been an okay film (when there's really nothing else on and you feel a bit under the weather) but now it's just drab.

Ahh pitiful response. I love B&W better than anyone here. It's the best shot Kaminski film who is one of the guilty ones for the trend in washed out colors. Perhaps that's what Belgium looks like. Just looking out the window I see black white green blue red yellow and so many more. None washed out. All vibrant and colorful. Shame that Superman's uniform is almost as colorless as Batman's. 

36 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I have never seen Schindler's List, but I would never wait to feel under the weather to watch it. Nothing else on? I'd read a book or take my fat ass for a walk. 

15 hours ago, Joey said:

. Just looking out the window I see black white green blue red yellow and so many more. None washed out. All vibrant and colorful. 

You mean this?

fast-food-signs.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, WojinPA said:

Wasted? Like, what was he on, man? 

He's a great actor but just had nothing worthwhile to do in the movie.  They took a big talented and wasted the opportunity to do something great with him.  But you knew what I meant.

You don't seem to understand the concept of "supporting role" i guess.

I'm guessing you also think Van Sydow was completely wasted in TFA?

Also they didn't hire him just for this film. He will have much more to do in the new Batman film i'm sure.

The character Van Sydow played in TFA was an interesting one, the problem is the entire scene was written as if it was the end of a film rather than a beginning;  I expect there will be some comic book soon that portrays Poe's mission to retrieve the map and ends with him in the hut finally talking to him.  I wonder if the part was originally bigger when Von Sydow agreed to do it.

In BvS, Alfred was just given nothing to do.  Any actor could have played that part; They didn't need Jeremy Irons.  Michael Caine and Gary Oldman did much more with similarly small roles in Batman Begins because the script gave them more to do.  Maybe the extended cut of BvS will improve Alfred's scenes.

More of a pointless cameo if anything. I'm not really a fan of such casting unless it's for obvious novelty purposes, like Craig's stormtrooper for eg. 

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I expect there will be some comic book soon that portrays Poe's mission to retrieve the map and ends with him in the hut finally talking to him.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57984/star_wars_poe_dameron_2016_1

AN ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES SPINNING OUT OF STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS! Poe Dameron, former Republic flyer turned Resistance fighter, is the best pilot in the galaxy. Hand-picked for the resistance by General Leia Organa to lead a squadron on a top secret and vital mission...Poe sets off investigating sites of historical importance to the Force. Revealing backstory leading directly into the holidays’ greatest adventure, follow Poe and his X-Wing squadron on covert missions against the First Order brought to you by writer Charles Soule (Star Wars: Lando, Daredevil) and artist Phil Noto (Star Wars: Chewbacca, Black Widow)!

;)

11 minutes ago, Lonnegan said:

More of a pointless cameo if anything. I'm not really a fan of such casting unless it's for obvious novelty purposes, like Craig's stormtrooper for eg. 

I'd rather have a great actor bring something to a small role then the studio saving money by hiring just anyone.

9 minutes ago, mstrox said:

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57984/star_wars_poe_dameron_2016_1

AN ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES SPINNING OUT OF STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS! Poe Dameron, former Republic flyer turned Resistance fighter, is the best pilot in the galaxy. Hand-picked for the resistance by General Leia Organa to lead a squadron on a top secret and vital mission...Poe sets off investigating sites of historical importance to the Force. Revealing backstory leading directly into the holidays’ greatest adventure, follow Poe and his X-Wing squadron on covert missions against the First Order brought to you by writer Charles Soule (Star Wars: Lando, Daredevil) and artist Phil Noto (Star Wars: Chewbacca, Black Widow)!

;)

I knew it!

That was obvious to me as I sat there opening night in the movie theater watching that scene.  C3P0's red arm, and Han and Chewie's return to smuggling were other that felt like merchandise setups more than organic storytelling.

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'd rather have a great actor bring something to a small role then the studio saving money by hiring just anyone.

Meh, his performance and presence was unremarkable, imo. Let's face it: nobody really remembers the brilliant Max Von Sydow character from the latest Star Wars movie.