Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

Fabulously old school Horner on there to boot!

Since you're watching a torrent version, have you at least ensured that the quality is excellent? If not, you can probably knock another star off your score.

Why not just rent the BD for a couple bucks? perfect video and lossless audio is worth it for a movie like that.

FYI, none of the home video releases on any format are in the film's OAR. It was 2.35:1 in theaters but the BD has it opened up to fill the 16:9 frame.

Why not just rent the BD for a couple bucks? perfect video and lossless audio is worth it for a movie like that.

FYI, none of the home video releases on any format are in the film's OAR. It was 2.35:1 in theaters but the BD has it opened up to fill the 16:9 frame.

We actually don't have a rental anywhere close any more. And my only other option is Apple TV, which has it for sale, but nor for hire.

Lee, i only download good quality.

Wasn't so sure about this team up movie at first, but it makes sense. The world is going to be distrusting of Supes, and what better way to optimize that than Batman. They can have the great detective discover Kryptonite and use it to weaken Supes, but eventually they end up working together to likely take down Luthor and a Batman villain (maybe). Seems like a good idea at this point, at least IMO. Getting someone a bit older, say Jon Hamm, and Batman could work really well and save the trouble of another solo Bats film prior to JL.

As for Justice League, this team-up is a good intro, and with a Flash movie there's another member. Add in Arrow from the tv show and the potential Wonder Woman in TV form, and its looking like a good league to me.

I don't know why Cameron did that either. The movie and the CGI was rendered in 1.78:1... so it puzzles me why he had a 2.35:1 version exclusive to 2D and 3D theaters. It was frustrating to see an otherwise well-framed Scope movie opened up to flat.

Michael Apted did a similar thing with Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Annoying as well.

I like the Longest cut of the film best, It does add to the story.

I love the score.

turns out on my ipod the #2 track on the cd is my most listened to piece, even more than Hands of Fate 1 & 2.

Avatar was screened theatrically in 16:9 on IMAX screens. All other screens, both 2D and 3D, had the movie in 2.35:1.

Also, the collector's edition (the longest cut of the film) is not exclusive to BluRay. It's on the Collector's Edition DVD as well.

I do. Sometimes I buy combo packs to future-proof my collection.

And per David Goyer, the film will be titled Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman. Nothing succinct like World's Finest or Man of Steel in front of it.

I don't think so. I think Goyer was just throwing words together as an example of what it could be called. As per the article:

Goyer briefly chatted about the project at Comic-Con, conceding that “we don’t know what we’re going to call it yet – Superman Vs Batman, Batman Vs Superman – but these two guys on screen, that’s happening.

The fact that Warner Bros bought all those domain names mentioned in the article doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I've never had any issues with Batman and Superman being in the same universe together.

Who wants to bet that Lex Luthor will be the villain for the next film? Maybe something similar to a setup of the animated "Superman and Batman" film where Lex was trying to get a legit business joined adventure with Wayne Enterprises' then ended up getting involved with the Joker.

If they actually setup Lex as a legit business person (and not a villain off the bat) but ends up going bad then it could be interesting. However, he would have to be paired with another villain like the Joker in order for it to happen.

Having Superman without Lex is not possible in the long run, so bringing him in the next film so him and Wayne can play off each other seems logical. I doubt they'd bring Joker back so fast, but maybe another member of Batman's rogues gallery would work. Riddler seems the most likely since WB wanted him in Rises.

And per David Goyer, the film will be titled Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman. Nothing succinct like World's Finest or Man of Steel in front of it.

Too bad, I preferred World's Finest. BvS or SvB sounds cheap.

Strangely enough, I might want to actually watch this, having mulled it over. It seems like a trashy, guilty pleasure kind of film that might be actually done very well by Snyder.

Karol

Lucious Fox weaves kryptonite threads into the Batsuit armor.

but in the end the Bat hires the minions to kick the crap out of the man of steel.

Only kryptonite could allow crabby Batman to keep the big blue boy scout in check. Otherwise Superman could just ignore him.

Batman won't stop complaining that if Superman had been available to fight Joker, then Rachel would be alive and Harvey would not have become a monster. So Superman ignores the advice of General Maximus and flies around the world backwards to erase the last decade, which resurrects Maggie Gyllenhaal's Rachel, but he goes too far, and Katie Holmes' Rachel also returns. This rip in the fabric of reality allows Bizarro and Darkseid to visit Earth.

but that would put Katie back in the clutches of Tom.

Art Garfunkel needs to perform the closing credits song.

When Supes and Bats had the epic duel and then finally the make up scene, Bridge Over Troubled Water should be played.

I am excited but worried for this film at the same time. I'm sure Zack Snyder and his team know what they want and I do have faith that they can pull this off. Many people would like to see Christian Bale don the cape and cowl once more but honestly it's been stated so many times that Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy doesn't exist in the Man of Steel universe. (This does make me sad) lol. Some of the names that are getting thrown around really surprise me. I mean come on I can't believe they honestly have Tyler Hoeclin (Teen Wolf and 7th Heaven) doing a screen test with Henry Cavill. I know saying this wont change anything but do what they did for Robert Downey Jr. for Christian Bale, pay him a certain amount of money depending how much you can negotiate I'm sure he'd return.

For this next film I really think everything is depending who they cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne. This will obviously make or break the film. The safe bet would be to try to get Christian Bale to don the cape and cowl a few more times.

The Nolan Batverse should not mix with Superman because its story ran its course without requiring alien intervention. For Superman to show up now, after such terrible losses inflicted by Al Ghul, Joker, Two Face, Bane, and Talia -- all mere mortals, for the most part -- reeks too much of deus ex machina. Where was Superman the whole time, well why didn't he help? Stuff like that.

It's actually a shame that for as much money that Man of Steel has made so far, the studio feels that another solo sequel isn't the next action. They're going straight to pairing them up, while there is still so much more of this Superman's world to flesh out. I know the goal is a Justice League movie, but after the failure of Green Lantern, why do they have to pair the two strongest DC properties together? Why not use the strength of both characters to bolster lesser known League members who haven't had recent films? Pair Superman with Wonder Woman. Batman with The Flash. Stuff like that.

No more Christian Bale, please. I don't want my Caped Crusader to sound worse than that lady on the smoking commercial who had her throat cut open and sounds like death warmed over, if it can be avoided. It can be.

I agree with most of your post, I do think they need to expand or continue the Superman story with another solo film before pairing him up with anyone or starting work on a Justice League film. I know I probably shouldn't compare the two universes but at least to me Marvel definately has stronger characters than DC. I will say though I think many many fans including myself have wanted to see some type of crossover movie of some sort. Any film can be good if done right. I think Snyder did a great job with Man of Steel. I could definately see Christopher Nolan's guidance on Man of Steel which I thought was awesome!!! I know his involvement in the Batman/Superman film will be much more distant, because of Interstellar and because he may not want to be associated with another Batman other than his own trilogy.

2015 is the biggest movie blockbuster I think Ive ever seen. You have Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, Batman/Superman possibly Avatar 2, Star Wars Episode 7, Assassin's Creed, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 amongst others. I'm extremely excited about the Batman/Superman crossover, I just hope it the box office numbers don't suffer because of all the films coming out that summer. Timing is everything oh and casting the right Batman LOL!

I am excited but worried for this film at the same time. I'm sure Zack Snyder and his team know what they want and I do have faith that they can pull this off. Many people would like to see Christian Bale don the cape and cowl once more but honestly it's been stated so many times that Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy doesn't exist in the Man of Steel universe. (This does make me sad) lol. Some of the names that are getting thrown around really surprise me. I mean come on I can't believe they honestly have Tyler Hoeclin (Teen Wolf and 7th Heaven) doing a screen test with Henry Cavill. I know saying this wont change anything but do what they did for Robert Downey Jr. for Christian Bale, pay him a certain amount of money depending how much you can negotiate I'm sure he'd return.

For this next film I really think everything is depending who they cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne. This will obviously make or break the film. The safe bet would be to try to get Christian Bale to don the cape and cowl a few more times.

Cosmic Book News is not a reputable site, they put made-up stuff out in hopes of generating site traffic. If you want reputable fan-driven sites, then go to Latino Review or HitFix. The former has been known for breaking lots of casting news in the past couple of years that turned out legit like Christian Bale as Batman, Brandon Routh as Superman, and Heath Ledger as The Joker.

I wouldn't trust anything CBN puts out... or HuffPost for that matter.

Superman against Batman is not a good idea. I think nobody would believe that Superman is not able to discard Batman as easily as a handbag.

Cosmic Book News is not a reputable site, they put made-up stuff out in hopes of generating site traffic. If you want reputable fan-driven sites, then go to Latino Review or HitFix. The former has been known for breaking lots of casting news in the past couple of years that turned out legit like Christian Bale as Batman, Brandon Routh as Superman, and Heath Ledger as The Joker.

I wouldn't trust anything CBN puts out... or HuffPost for that matter.

Superman against Batman is not a good idea. I think nobody would believe that Superman is not able to discard Batman as easily as a handbag.

I guess you didn't read or see any of the various Batman/Superman stories over the years, huh? Titling it "Batman vs. Superman" is cheap, and only calls attention to one aspect of the story. A more likely title is Man of Steel: World's Finest or simply World's Finest. The marketing campaign will handle the rest.

Ability and will are two different things.

Yeah but this is a different, gritty, realistic Superman.

After what he did in MOS it would be laughable to actually have these 2 fight, unless the old tired kryptonite crutch falls into Batman's lap. And do we need Batman coming out in a human sized, Pacific Rim style costumed to try and stand toe to toe with him?

I get the impression this MOS won't tolerate bs, especially with one of his last lines in the film as Superman.

But I'm sure this film will make tons of money for WB and give them the billion dollar hit they were hoping MOS would be.

I think the proper storyline would be for Superman and Batman to have distrust, but TDK knows he can't go toe to toe so maybe he builds on the public's fear of what the MOS could become. However a serious event happens that proves Supeman's worth and makes Batman trust him. Batman can handle Gotham but the world has changed with Kal-El's arrival and there are other gifted people waiting in the shadows to come forward and protect earth, all they needed was a leader to look to and Superman is that man....segue to Justice League.