Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

Ability and will are two different things.

Yeah but this is a different, gritty, realistic Superman.

After what he did in MOS it would be laughable to actually have these 2 fight, unless the old tired kryptonite crutch falls into Batman's lap. And do we need Batman coming out in a human sized, Pacific Rim style costumed to try and stand toe to toe with him?

I get the impression this MOS won't tolerate bs, especially with one of his last lines in the film as Superman.

But I'm sure this film will make tons of money for WB and give them the billion dollar hit they were hoping MOS would be.

I think the proper storyline would be for Superman and Batman to have distrust, but TDK knows he can't go toe to toe so maybe he builds on the public's fear of what the MOS could become. However a serious event happens that proves Supeman's worth and makes Batman trust him. Batman can handle Gotham but the world has changed with Kal-El's arrival and there are other gifted people waiting in the shadows to come forward and protect earth, all they needed was a leader to look to and Superman is that man....segue to Justice League.

Though this isn't the route I would've gone for, it actually makes a certain amount of sense as a way to distinguish their approach from Marvel's: make this actually an unfolding series of films that are not just focused on single characters, but developing this world/ensemble/mythology. But I don't like the idea that we still have to have some kind of event that proves Superman. They already shot their load with the destruction of Metropolis, and then proceeded to not give us any real idea what the people of Earth think. The denoument was kind of a mess.

Something else that occurs to me (and someone might've mentioned it already and I forgot): how the hell do you get a Batman/Superman confrontation based on The Dark Knight Returns after the drone scene in MOS? Doesn't that run contrary to the entire setup of the conflict in TDKR?

I agree with Mark. This Supes would not tolerate Batman even trying to fight him. He pulled down a 12 million buck drone just to make a point!

He would pull of the Batmask and leave Batman hanging on his utility belt for all to see, before going his merry way.

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't sure if those websites were reputable or not... I am completely stoked for this new film. The entire movie I believe will ride on who they cast as Batman but I think the film will be great!!! I think Zack Snyder already has the person picked who will play Batman and I'm sure they made a great choice and probably had a little guidance from Christopher Nolan. Also even though Nolan's involvement will more distant this time around I think we will still have somewhat of a Nolan stamp on the film one way or another. 2015 is going to have great summer blockbusters! There's no denying that! Can't wait!!!

As comic booky as it is, I've always loved this moment (those are kryptonite gloves he's wearing)

2111.jpg

That comic was a huge disappointment unless you look at it as some kind of weird satire on the first book and the subsequent grim n' gritty trend that it created. And even then it incomparable to the masterpiece that was The Dark Knight Returns.

As comic booky as it is, I've always loved this moment (those are kryptonite gloves he's wearing)

2111.jpg

That comic was a huge disappointment unless you look at it as some kind of weird satire on the first book and the subsequent grim n' gritty trend that it created. And even then it incomparable to the masterpiece that was The Dark Knight Returns.

Oh, I agree with you, totally. I just loved this particular moment, as silly as it was

I agree with Mark. This Supes would not tolerate Batman even trying to fight him. He pulled down a 12 million buck drone just to make a point!

He would pull of the Batmask and leave Batman hanging on his utility belt for all to see, before going his merry way.

Batman fans love to believe that their hero would stand some kind of a chance. Don't they live in the real world? Has Nolan's work been in vain?!

Anyway, if you want to beat Supes, then forget about Bats, call Bane! Surely, it's something we all have learned by now.

Superman would make Bane eat that mask and then rip his head off and stick it up Batman's ass, then up Bane's.

You cannot break the back of the Man Of Steel!

but apparently you can break his neck.

You didnt see it?

It's not as bad as people say but the Batman / Bane scenes are the most disappointing.

First of all Bane dispatches Batman too easily in their first encounter. In the comic, Batman was worn down physically and mentally from having to round up all the criminals Bane had released. In the film Batman is fresh and doesn't do much to Bane.

The second fight is even more puzzling as Batman goes toe to toe with him and damages Bane's mask and pummels him too easily and then doesn't even get to kill Bane as the villain is dealt a surprising defeat and death by Catwoman.

Those are the two weakest aspects of the film.

I only bring up the comics because it gave a valid reason for the results of the first fight. Something Nolan could have taken a similar route with, not as epic of course, but at least it would have made the sequence work better.

Eh? I would have just liked the Superman franchise to remain exclusive to Superman, that's all. There's Justice League for the crossovers.

Get fucked you excitable blert

Zack Snyder has begun looking at the following actors to play Batman: Joe Mangianello (True Blood), Max Martini (Pacific Rim), Richard Armitage (The Hobbit), Josh Brolin (Gangster Squad), Ryan Gosling (Drive), and Matthew Goode (Watchmen). Nothing has been set in stone, and it's possible an out-of-left-field choice could land the role.

Source.

I like the possibility of Armitage or Martini playing the role, but not so sure on the other guys.

I didn't think they would go for an older choice, going that literally with Dark Knight Returns. It's strange and not consistent with the young Superman they just introduced.

I didn't think they would go for an older choice, going that literally with Dark Knight Returns. It's strange and not consistent with the young Superman they just introduced.

Goslin is only two years older than Cavill. As for checking out a few slightly older actors, maybe they want Batman to be a bit older and wiser than Superman, someone who's been longer at the job than he is.

Alex

Jon Hamm would be perfect IMO. He's 40, so not too old, and definitely can take charge from an authoritative stand point. Plus, he's already got Wayne down pat.

I think Fassbender has too much on his plate right now.

The guys who worked with Snyder before (Goode, Butler and apparently Jeffrey Dean Morgan) have the edge over the other guys in the list.