Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

Fassbender has also worked with Snyder before

I totally forgot about that, he was in 300. I still think his schedule will keep him from committing, if Snyder offered it to him.

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/09/christian-bale-reportedly-offered-50-million-to-return-in-batman-vs-superman/

If there is any truth to this article, Bale should take the money and run. I wonder how much he pocketed for the trilogy?

Although it sounds like it's not $50 million upfront. He'd get his fee and then what ever incentives / commissions he'd earn from appearances, box office take etc etc.

I don't even know if the Superman world would exist with a Justice League either.

I'd copy Marvel and bring Batman in only in the End Credits sequence like Marvel did with Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. thru the various Marvel films leading up to The Avengers.

They've already lost some respect by putting these 2 characters together already.

It's not like they came together in Man of Steel. There's been years of Batman/Superman stories in comics already, so how would it be disrespectful? Not to mention there were several iterations of the Batman/Superman movie in development, so it's a project WB's keen on doing.

And you can thank The Avengers for encouraging WB's fast-tracking the movie.

No one said making a Batman Superman film would be disrespectful to anyone. Mark said that the fans don't respect WB for putting Batman and Superman together so quickly with not enough build up.

No one said making a Batman Superman film would be disrespectful to anyone. Mark said that the fans don't respect WB for putting Batman and Superman together so quickly with not enough build up.

Thank you.

That's my one and only beef. They should have waited a bit longer, give Supes his own trilogy first.

After that? Bring it on.

Of course, Steef called me a whining entitled bitch because of it, but what can you do.

I would adapt Crisis on Infinite Earths as a sort of massive epic fantasy film that opens the door of the entire DC Universe.

Keep the cast from MoS. Just delete the Snyderverse from existence.

• 2 weeks later...

He does bring the physical presence that Batman needs. Color me curious

I just saw that... bullshit indeed. It's almost a bad if not worse than Val Kilmer playing Bruce Wayne.

Uh... why?

This is a genius move on WB's part. He's earned his comeback, one movie at a time. And he's coming off two well-received and profitable films for the studio -- The Town and Argo. His name will pique the interest of his older fanbase, and it gets people talking either way.

Why shouldn't he have a second chance to play a comic-book role? It's the exact situation Chris Evans encountered when Marvel Studios offered him Captain America back in 2010.

He was rumored to play Batman back when Darren Aronofsky was going to make his Year One movie.

I'm a huge Batman fan and I still think this project is a lousy idea. This casting doesn't really make any more intrigued...

I think it's funny that people are freaking out about Ben Stiller ruining the movie when Zack Snyder is attached to direct. He hasn't directed one good movie.

That would be legitimate cause for concern...

The REAL question is why key Warner Brothers personnel isn't handcuffed for milking this cash cow that at this point is in mortal danger of collapsing from overexposure. Are u people still up for this, i wonder?