filmmusic

Star Wars ORIGINAL UNALTERED trilogy possibility(?) in HD!

It wasn't a test audience showing: it was the bloody premiere.

Then it was judged to be mind-numbingly slow and was cut shorter. I probably would find the longer cut boring, too, but it should still be available.

Can I just say that the true unaltered versions of the movies are UNWATCHABLE.

Those movies just need a respectull restoration without any added or changed scenes.  

Some matte paintings needs a little bit of love, same thing for the contrast and brightness of some effects. That’s it.

Altering matte paintings, maybe except for selective colour balancing to help them mesh better with the foreground (green Death Star chasm) would be just as much of a "fuck you" to the original artists as Burtt dialing out JW was in 2004 or ILM splotching obviously CG X-wings over the technical oscar-winning Dykstraflex footage in 1997. You either restore it to as good as it would have been if freshly printed perfectly on perfect stock , or you're slipping right back into the revisionist territory.

3 hours ago, Chen G. said:

I never liked the pacing of that film, but to think it was twenty minutes longer is just mind-boggling. Although maybe something in those twenty minutes would have made the ending a bit less cryptic. As it is, you need the book to really understand what's going on and, in that regard, that film is not a standalone experience.

Maybe you need the book, but clearly many don't. The film stands alone perfectly fine.