New main page!

Jay

Woah, what the? It already looks completely different now than it did 3 minutes ago when I started the thread!

Yea it was a blue skin by Matteo and Andreas (not sure if the same Matteo and Andreas from the board or not) when I started the thread, and now it's a different white theme by some other guy

I like this new theme alot (it's already been improved since a few minutes ago, with links to the forum and stuff on the left)

The only thing it needs is for the article previews to contain the picture / cover in question.

I also miss the "Latest releases" vertical bar

Well Ricard is clearly tweaking it still, it's already changed again since my last post

Pretty clean lined, slightly clinical. Needs more colour. Otherwise the layout looks very good.

One thing I would say though is I don't like that it has one of those arrogant mobile layout's which ignore the User Agent change which would enable the user to browse the full fat desktop view if they so desired.

It's like, look at this way or go fuck yourself!

I hope you appreciate me being honest and not lying (don't take it personal, i love the site and all the effort that goes into it):

The old one looked best, the updated one last year looked well enough. I don't like this one. The logo has low resolution, the grey striped background looks boring and at the same time annoying and somehow it seems less professional and more amateur now. All the little flourishes are gone too :(

I don't understand why a new overhaul was even necessary...

Yeah. It really doesn't jump out at me. This looks like a someone taking a swing at their first blog. (And I would echo . . . why the need for a change anyway?)

But you may have jumped the gun a bit by soliciting reactions at this point, Jason. We might all be very pleased with the final result.

- Uni

But you may have jumped the gun a bit by soliciting reactions at this point, Jason. We might all be very pleased with the final result.

At the time I started the thread, there was this cool, blue theme on the main page, and it hadn't been changed in a while. It looked nothing like the current white one. Anyways, I had no idea that Ricard was still working on it or I wouldn't have started the thread. He began tweaking it literally like a minute after my thread went up.

No problem. We'll just label it "Under Construction" for now, and wait for the ribbon-cutting ceremony before judging it prematurely. (Y)

- Uni

If Williams ever had a street name it would be "J Note". I can imagine Williams being introduced in the next Boston Pops concert: "Yo, J Note in da house! He'll be bustin' you a mean set of notes wid his posse the Boston Pops. Respect da man! I wanna see some hands in the air!"

But yeah that looks quite good Blume. It could use some colour or images on either side of the name though. Something to liven up the place. The new layout is rather Spartan at the moment.

I prefer it when man and his movies can be seen in the header.

Agreed.

Yep. Maybe we've been spoiled, but it's hard to imagine this place without that fantastic header with the Maestro and his flock of masterpieces.

- Uni

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The current banner is, of course, temporary.

Needs a colourful banner!

Now it actually looks better. I think the banner could use a nice picture of the Maestro.

Yeah, I think JW at least ought to be in the banner. But otherwise, I like it.

Agreed about the banner but ya other than that it looks great. :)

Agreed.

yeah me too.

I agree with Quint as well.

I agree as well.

Is the banner going to be improved? At least a nice picture of Maestro John Williams will do.

I think we are all in agreement. Anyone willing to create that wonderful banner? :)

It's good and will work, once the colours of the images bleed and blend a little more into the main black of the border. At the moment the collage just looks a bit forced, a bit pasted on.

Also, it needs more John.