Avatar 2, 3 and 4 or how James Cameron stopped worrying and pulled The Hobbit on us

crocodile

He doesn't own the rights to the Alien franchise, I hope. Imagine that, Alien and Avatar in one universe! Would a xenomorph jump on the back of one of those flying Avatar creatures to pursue Ripley? Yes, in a James Cameron movie, it would!

Would a xenomorph jump on the back of one of those flying Avatar creatures to pursue Ripley? Yes, in a James Cameron movie, it would!

The definition of awesome. . . !

How many drops for you is this, lieutenant?

Thirty-eight. Simulated.

How many avatar drops?

Uh, two. Including this one.

Shit.

Oh-ho, man...

[Fifteen minutes into the next Avatar movie]: "Somebody wake up Hicks!"

Would a xenomorph jump on the back of one of those flying Avatar creatures to pursue Ripley? Yes, in a James Cameron movie, it would!

The definition of awesome. . . !

And I already had a problem with mama xenomorphs that take the elevator! Nah, I prefer Scott's vagueness so that you wonder how it ever got there ... Keep it mysterious! It incites the mind.

(no wonder I'm not a big Nolan fan)

I suppose you're right. If you're gonna go the Cameron route—elevator-takers 'n' such—might as well go full tilt and have someone secretly use alien DNA to create xenomorph avatars, then put aliens in the "tanning bed" things. You'd wind up with big blue cat-things with long heads and extending tooth-tongues. Eywa would have a fit. (And then Predators would show up to hunt the Pandoran black panthers, of course, and all hell would break loose. . . .)

• 5 months later...

Have you ever wanted to shit yourself in a movie theater?

Be sure to catch AVATAR 2, and you'll finally be able to, according to Jimmy Cameron:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/26/7295013/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-oh-god-no

"They're gonna be bitchin'. You will shit yourself with your mouth wide open." -- James Cameron, 2014

• 1 month later...

Well with a script from Shane Salerno (esteemed writer of Aliens vs Predator 2: Requiem) it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

He's the writer? Oh, good Lord. . . .

• 1 month later...