Avatar 2, 3 and 4 or how James Cameron stopped worrying and pulled The Hobbit on us

crocodile

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Peter Jackson did something similar but forgot about the part where you're supposed to shorten the instalments. In fairness to Jacko though he's no James Cameron. 

And Cameron is an absolute master in editing and pacing

49 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Even a "light" Cameron film like True Lies is extremely watchable because of its direction.

And Jamie Lee Curtis in underwear doesn't hurt either.

As I said visual masterpiece.

21 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Why isn't that on Blu-Ray yet?

James Cameron the perfectionist is still tinkering with the HD remasters of it and The Abyss before allowing them to be sold to us pleebs

Neither film was even released in anamorphic on DVD; It's ridiculous.

Especially since both haired aired in 1080p on TV channels!

5 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

As someone who enjoyed The Lord Of The Rings for what they were, I don't think I'll ever watch The Hobbit films.

Good. Spare yourself. There are far better ways to spend 9 hours of your life!

• 7 months later...

James Cameron has described the “Avatar” movies as a family saga. How are they shaping up?

In my opinion, the three scripts I’ve read so far are many times more amazing than the first one in terms of their scope. He did a lot of the heavy lifting in the first movie, establishing the family and the relationships and the world, and now he really gets to play.

http://variety.com/2016/film/features/sigourney-weaver-avatar-alien-1201930389/

10 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The Fall And Redemption Of Jake Sully? Gonna be awesome!

Bonus points for remembering the character's name because I'd never have remembered it!

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

He's a very memorable guy, played by the no-less memorable Jai Courtney. No wait, it was that other guy... John Kevinson... No. Kevin Johnson... Jack Michaelson? Michael Jackson?

Every time a movie has a generic boring white dude I can't keep in my head for more than 5 seconds it seems like they always are someone who was an actor on the TV show Friday Night Lights. So he was probably in that.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Clamp said:

I watched No Escape last night. They could have cast any generic white dude in the lead role, but they picked Owen Wilson, who helped make the movie more interesting because he doesn't regularly do serious roles.

Behind Enemy Lines is the only other one I can think of. 

• 2 months later...

Probably they will just employ Simon Franglen as he is a franchise veteran.

I'm not saying it's good or bad. Just quite likely, especially given that we already know they were (both Horner and filmmakers) interested in continuing the established material and sound.

Karol

Honestly as in, I'm not taking the piss. It is not unlike me to say something similar to what I said above as sarcasm. The honestly was to ensure the Howard Shore suggestion did not come off as such. 

And to think you thought you knew all of the nuances of the language, huh, Drax! 

18 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

James Newton Howard!

I can live with that.

12 hours ago, Romão said:

Elliot Goldenthal might've actually made me interested in these movies

Most certainly.

• 3 weeks later...

With Han Solo seemingly being released in May, my guess is that Episode IX will also be released in May, maintaining the one year gap between Star Wars movies and leaving December 2019 free for Avatar

I wonder what the excuse is this time.

He either feels confident enough to take on Star Wars, or he's got something else to do that's pushed Avatar back.

• 1 month later...