Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (M:I 5) by Joe Kraemer!

Jay

Christopher McQuarrie, the writer of The Usual Suspects and writer/director of The Way of The Gun and the upcoming Jack Reacher (he also did some writing for Valkyrie, Mission Impossible 4, and the upcoming Jack The Giant Killer and The Wolverine) is on tap to direct Mission Impossible 5

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97021

I wonder if Joe Kraemer would do the score, or if Giacchino would return

• 5 months later...

Well now it looks like Christopher McQuarrie will instead direct a remake of Ice Station Zebra from WB

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-mcquarrie-set-ice-station-451705

Which I guess delays the start date of filming for Mi5 (which had been loosely planned for 2015). I assume Joe Kraemer will score Ice Station Zebra; I wonder if him or Giacchino will score MI5?

• 2 months later...

Looks like it's being written by the Iron Man 3 screenwriter

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a504253/mission-impossible-5-christopher-mcquarrie-to-direct-tom-cruise-movie.html

I wonder what this means for McQuarrie's planned Ice Station Zebra remake?

Possibly. Cruise is a fan of film music but in the role of producer he seems to give the director first choice. He let Abrams use Giacchino on his first feature film. He was floored by Kraemer's Jack Reacher and let McQuarrie use him.

I've liked that Giacchino has used pieces from the shows' underscore in his two film scores, hopefully Kraemer will use some of it as well.

Why?

I simply appreciate that Giacchino was able to incorporate the pieces, to help connect the television show to the movies. It just sort of sets the mood and all for me, though not having them would hardly be a big deal. I guess it was just a little touch I appreciated. I'm sure Kraemer will do a good job.

• 3 months later...

Really?

The best M:I scores have been by giacchino. So let's hope he continues.

Efman was bland...imo. He did a cool rendition of the theme, but was underused. really. Compared to it (IRRC) the rest of the score sound like underscore. And he used the "plot" only once...

The film will obviously be scored by Joe Kraemer if McQuarrie and Cruise get their way, and Giacchino if they don't.

Source?

cant remember...probably the commentary or music featurette in the MI:III or Ghost protocol dvds.

maybe it was just an interview..promoting the movie and they always say good things about the crew....

EDIT: ok, he doesnt say he loves hte music...but he is enthusiastic... M:I:III featurette: (link comes from Michael Giacchino page so it is legal ;) )

i dont know anything about that kraemer guy so i'm biased towards Gia hehehe

You must listen to the Jack Reacher score right now!

• 9 months later...

Well they are way better than the second but not as good as the first if that's what you mean.

Yes. I really liked them both. And Giacchino's score for the fourth is one of his strongest.