Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (M:I 5) by Joe Kraemer!

Jay

Old name -> New Name

• 01 Logos -> Studio Logos
  • 04 The Record Store -> Shadow Wilson / We Are The Syndicate
  • 06 The Mysterious Woman -> The Dungeon
  • 07 Escape To Danger -> Dungeon Fight / Logos
  • 10 A Flight At The Opera -> Rooftop Escape / She Tried To Kill Me
  • 11 To The Hideout -> Barge on the Danube
  • 14 Apartment / Morocca -> Morocco
  • 15 The Plan -> It's Impossible / Benji Gets To Wear A Mask / The Plan
  • 16 Infiltration -> She's Bad News / Mission: Infiltrate
  • 17 Ilsa Rescues Ethan -> Benji Changes Clothes
  • 18 Shocking -> Shocking / Are You OK To Drive?
  • 19 The Killer on the Motorcyle -> Killer
  • 20 Moroccan Pursuit -> Atlas Motorcycle Chase
  • 21 In The Cantina -> Morocca Cantina Band
  • 22 The Train Station -> Graveyard Chat / King's Cross Station
  • 23 A Matter Of Going -> Aqaba
  • 24 Kidnapped -> Kidnapping Benji
  • 25 The Blenheim Sequence -> Reroute Us To Londo / Get Him Ready, Please
  • 26 Visit With The Prime Minister -> That Syndicate / Living Manifestation Of Destiny
  • 27 The Tower Of London -> Activating the Syndicate / No Sudden Moves, Benji / I Am the Disk
  • 28 Footchase / Knifefight -> Shootout at the Table / London Footchase / Knife Fight / Lane Finds Ethan
  • 29 The Glass Box -> Mr. Lane, Meet The IMF
  • 30 Saying Goodbye -> You Know How To Find Me
  • 31 Finale -> Mr. Secretary / Curtain Call

On 12/11/2015 at 2:23 PM, thx99 said:
On 12/11/2015 at 2:20 PM, Jay said:

It's the same, they just updates the names to be more specific about the music they contain

Actually, the new set is about a minute shorter. Track 14 is 2:31 in the first version and is now 1:31. The opening minute has been cut.

Weird! Luckily we have the missing minute on the OST or FYC56.

I've finished analyzing the new entries.

The 53 track version that was briefly up was exactly the same as the prior 56 track version, except that the main title track and the Mozart/Beethoven tracks were removed.

The new 31 track version is identical to the old 31 track version except the "Apartment" part of "Apartment / Morocco" is gone, and almost all the names are changed. Weird!

I added a tab in my spreadsheet that shows a comparison the four versions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y3m4_l-pWuPJ4VKhMBCX5-XnrbbXN6QTdaXiUr7Amf4/pubhtml

I think the confusion has been due to Academy rules that FYC materials match the cue sheet titles...the FYC56 titles seem like cue sheet titles (sometimes silly, sometimes spoiler-y) while the FYC31v1 titles seem more like the OST titles (kind of like the titles on the AOTC or Crystal Skull sessions/scores/cue sheet vs the OST). The latest FYC31v2 uses all the same titles as the 56...I think the reason the 56/53 was put up is because the track titles matched the cue sheet, but the cues themselves had stuff that was dialed out in the film. The FYC31s match the movie much more closely (checking them against the iTunes ver of the movie) like having tracks fade out where the music was faded out in the film.

This 4 minute video has some great footage of Kraemer conducting Rogue Nation music at Abbey Road!

http://www.hitfix.com/news/watch-iconic-movie-music-get-made-in-an-exclusive-clip-from-new-documentary-score

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you're saying.  Can you be more specific, perhaps with timestamps?

That's "The Plot" a theme Lalo Shifrin wrote in 1966 for the Mission: Impossible TV show.  Prior to  being used by Kraemer in this score, it was also used by Danny Elfman and Michael Giacchino in their three M:I scores.

And it is actually the real Mission: Impossible theme, according to Lalo Schifrin. The more popular tune we all know is more of a Mission: Accomplished.

Karol

• 2 months later...

Really good Kraemer interview from his workspace put up by Vienna Symphonic Library, apparently the composition software he uses. I totally noticed he has a Wii hooked up to his big monitor :P

The interview really gets into the nitty gritty of his process. He even plays the mockup for the Moroccan Pursuit cue!

• 2 years later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, Fargo said:

For a second I thought this thread was about the new movie (MI: Fallout) and that they hired Kraemer to come back. Now I'm just disappointed again :(

Same here 😢