Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (M:I 5) by Joe Kraemer!

Jay

The IMAX preview was cool. A car / motorcycle chase with some good stunts and funny lines. Simon Pegg is good in these films. It was about 4 minutes long.

Kraemer's score was awesome! Liberal use of Schifrin's theme in an action setting. Reminded me of Giacchino's MI scores, especially the first half of the scene. Can't wait for the OST CD!

Some clips from the film, complete with Kraemer's score

All of this is from the IMAX preview I saw

Director Christopher McQuarrie's unlikely path to 'Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation'

Fascinating article! I didn't know that McQuarrie had worked so long on a Alexander The Great movie, or that the original plan for MI4 was to phase the Ethan Hunt character out! Crazy!

It's an enjoyable film; Not a game changer of any kind but has some interesting ideas

It was better than I expected. I didn't know when it came out that McQuarrie did it, but it has some classic McQuarrie dialogue, and presents us with a great main character.

Director Christopher McQuarrie's unlikely path to 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation'

Fascinating article! I didn't know that McQuarrie had worked so long on a Alexander The Great movie, or that the original plan for MI4 was to phase the Ethan Hunt character out! Crazy!

You didn't manage to read about that? Renner was supposed to take over originally.

Jack Reacher is great 70s era filmmaking.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: ROGUE NATION

MUSIC BY JOE KRAEMER

LLLCD 1361

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

Good morning, Score Collector.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to ALSO purchase the brand new score to Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation by Joe Kraemer. This full bodied, classic sounding orchestral score goes on sale July 28, 2015. The first 100 or so people who purchase the cd directly through the La-La Land website www.lalalandrecords.com will receive a signed copy autographed by the composer at no additional charge. Quantities are limited.

As always, should you or any of your fellow collectors be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

Good luck, Collector.

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153584455273755

Still no cover art...

The sad thing is I'm sure that's exactly right!

If the cover art hasn't been approved yet, these won't be shipping on the 28th.....

Any idea when the MI5 cover art will be approved and posted?
I would like to know the answer to that question myself. It's beyond our control
:)
MV

Here's my guess. Though I wonder if Tom Cruise's name is actually considered part of the logo (see: every poster ever).

I'd love a cover with that sweet 70's-style poster (I think someone posted it on the last page) but I can't find a textless version.

rogue_naiton.jpg

This reviewer is much more positive about the film, and has this to say about Kraemer's score: "Along with the great international locations, the film benefits from ace creative contributions all down the line, nowhere more so than from Joe Kraemer's virtually non-stop score, which seamlessly blends strains of Lalo Schifrin's original TV series theme and Puccini into his own rambunctious but not overbearing work. "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/mission-impossible-5/review/810873