Quintus

John Williams YouTube tributes thread

On 6/11/2018 at 3:00 PM, Loert said:

Recently I had the wonderful opportunity of having my two piano arrangement of "Welcome to Jurassic Park" played and recorded by two outstanding pianists, Joshua Tamayo and Victor Cheng (who also recorded my arrangement of The Jedi Steps & Finale).

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Nice! Are your arrangements available for purchase?

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

They apparently share history with The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra...

Are the ellipses supposed to be provocative or something? The difference between these performances and the Prague's are night and day. 

Prague of today sounds much better than how they were in the 90s and early 00s, though. Obviously, the quality of their performances very much depend on the amount of rehearsal time privided, something Silva Screen seldom was keen on spending much money on.

They do sound a bit better, it's true. But I still consider the Prague Phil to be a bargain basement greatest hits orchestra; albeit reliable at times for providing us with some otherwise difficult to obtain recordings. Like this for eg:

Oh, man, four-hand arrangements of film scores are just the bomb.  I've been a superfan of the Cheng/Lau Harry Potter medley for years, but I just stumbled on this playlist today.  What a shame they didn't keep going!  I'm glad Cheng and Tamayo have posted a few more, but I could listen to these all day and watch them all night!

On 6/11/2018 at 3:00 PM, Loert said:

Recently I had the wonderful opportunity of having my two piano arrangement of "Welcome to Jurassic Park" played and recorded by two outstanding pianists, Joshua Tamayo and Victor Cheng (who also recorded my arrangement of The Jedi Steps & Finale).

Hope you guys enjoy it!

That's not Welcome to Jurassic Park, though, but the shorter Jurassic Park Suite. Otherwise excellent work, Tomak! :)

On 9/18/2019 at 8:42 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

That's not Welcome to Jurassic Park, though, but the shorter Jurassic Park Suite. Otherwise excellent work, Tomak! :)

Actually, I did arrange "Welcome to Jurassic Park" originally but I also included an alternate ending, which is the ending they went with in the video. And thanks :)!

1 hour ago, Loert said:

Actually, I did arrange "Welcome to Jurassic Park" originally but I also included an alternate ending, which is the ending they went with in the video. And thanks :)!

True, shortly after posting I realized it's a combination of the two. :) I just prefer the longer transition from the JP theme to the heroic trumpet theme that's found in Welcome to Jurassic Park.