BloodBoal

I don't listen to a lot of Gregson-Williams (Rupert or Harry) but I don't mind a bit of John Powell now and again (especially HTTYD).

22 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

This is getting out of hand.

Now there are two of them!

Just you wait, soon it'll be The Lorne Balfe Fan Network

Oh Powell was an RCP drone?

Well I got a new favorite then

(still a fan of Balfe though, and Zanelli has done decent work from what I know)

8 minutes ago, Romão said:

Oh, is it real? I thought it was a joke, I really did

Me too. There are enough photoshoppers here that I really thought someone was messing around.

:mellow:

Just now, BloodBoal said:

You thought the poster was fake because you didn't know McCartney was in the movie or simply because the poster looks bad?

Both, actually. And havving McCartney in the movie after having Keith in the 3rd seems so incredibly gimmicky

Just now, BloodBoal said:

You tweet? Why?

Because that's where all of my non-JWFan friends hang out online

Just now, Stefancos said:

Tweeted?

1 minute ago, Romão said:

Both, actually. And havving McCartney in the movie after having Keith in the 3rd seems so incredibly gimmicky

It does just seem dumb and self-referential to 3 in a bad way.  I'm sure it'll just be a cameo.

1 hour ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Is the digital soundtrack coming out tomorrow?

Don't know. Amazon shows the CD coming May 26. I couldn't find links for the digital files. 

Oh god it's Curse of the Black Pearl all over again! RCP replacement score hashed out on synthesizers incoming

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Simply getting more than 30 minutes of music and no remixes is a positive for me!

Agh, that release was one of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen. It feels very clear to me that despite Zimmer's comments to Schweiger that reuse fees are a problem, he just didn't give a shit about this score and released the minimum he needed to, padding out the CD with remixes. Seriously - if you buy a score, you want to hear the music you heard in the film. If instead you get a couple of set-pieces and a few remixes of said set-pieces from completely unrelated artists, that's a pretty strong statement about the composer's opinion of what he did.

I'm very thankful that Zanelli has taken over, if only because he actually seems to enjoy doing them. I cynically suspect Zimmer just reacted to a large paycheck.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Friend or paycheck. Either way, I think the evidence is there that he didn't want to do it.

Well if we're talking about On Stranger Tides, then yes, he said it clear as day in an interview after At World's End. 

I think it was a red carpet interview at the premiere of At World's End where he said something along the lines that he was glad it was over and he wouldn't be coming back if they continued. 

Of course in his usual humble and friendly demeanor.

I think with these big franchises Zimmer gets attached to, he never plans for them to go on forever and gets exhausted of his own sound eventually. Similar to how he said Batman was never supposed to be a trilogy and he hadn't planned to stretch out that soundscape for nearly 9 hours of music. 

Ideally then he decides he's done, and recommends someone else to take over.

Problem is (I think) that everyone knows his name power and doesn't want to let him go that easily. Hence I think that with Stranger, Bruckheimer persuaded him with a big paycheck. No different from how Depp is still doing these.