Hayao Miyazaki Retires From Feature Directing

BloodBoal

Caught The Wind Rises at a Ghibli retrospective recently, and hadn't seen it since its original release.

Still packs an emotional punch, but like any movie, needs to be seen on the big screen to get the full effect. And I wholly recommend seeing it in Japanese with subs. Not just because I dislike dubbed movies, but because the quality of Hideaki Anno's voice for the main character, Jiro, is just so perfect.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering.... I haven't seen all the Ghibli films yet, but planning to do so in the near future.

What's the preference, to watch them in English or in Japanese with subtitles?

8 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Just wondering.... I haven't seen all the Ghibli films yet, but planning to do so in the near future.

What's the preference, to watch them in English or in Japanese with subtitles?

Do what ever feels right for yourself, don't worry about what others think. Dubbing vs subbing is a personal preference.

For me personally, I've never heard the original Japanese language tracks and very much enjoyed the English tracks being my first and second experience watching each of these films.  I'll probably check out the Japanese tracks when I watch through again for a third time.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

This thread title gets funnier with every new piece of Boy and the Heron info and marketing and should never be changed 

To be fair, reading the first posts of the thread (minus all the blank posts), people weren't fooled by the anouncement. 

• 4 months later...