Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

Agreed with BB. There are many links posted in this thread that would explain exactly what it is. Your post is just post count padding. In fact, I already said this in the thread once, and it applies here again:

Obvious post count padding is obvious.

If you don't care about this, why are you posting in the thread?

They can still get Jesse Eisenberg. People won't see the difference, anyway.

I'm still not convinced that they aren't the same person.

Well it certainly won't be Williams with Yates in the director's chair; the only guy on the studio lot who didn't want Williams scoring the last Potter film.

Well it certainly won't be Williams with Yates in the director's chair; the only guy on the studio lot who didn't want Williams scoring the last Potter film.

Wasn't that more due to scheduling conflicts though?

• 3 weeks later...

JNH should Score it. And everything else ever made of course.

I made this video for shizzle and gizzle and also for fun. It's some scenes from the Harry Potter Series with JNH's music in them to see what it would have been like.

I heard a rumour that Desplat would be scoring the trilogy (no source to back this up). And am I the only Potter fan who just cannot get excited about this project, no matter what happens? I'll probably like it when it's released or when Doyle gets involved...

I'm cautiously interested in this more and more. At first, I didn't see any potential in this, but the cast seems to be pretty solid, the approach they seem to have taken is intriguing and depending on how it's done, it could be decent fun. Plus it could give us an enjoyable score.

I am not excited about it at all.

Rowling and WB should move on to new original stories and now stretch this franchise out more than the perfect original 7 novels.

Also, I wasn't a fan of Yate's handling of the last few HP movies, I would have preferred a new director - someone younger, more ambitious, instead an already rich guy getting more richer not feeling like he needs to prove himself

Around 15 years ago when the books were still coming out, Rowling published a couple of Harry Potter's "textbooks" for charity and one was this little reference book called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which was mentioned once or twice in the series...it just compiled all the creatures from the books (plus some extra ones that she made up or took from mythology) and she wrote up little profiles on all of them and added scribbles from Ron Weasley in the margins. It was like a joke thing, but Warner Bros wanted more movies and this was about all they had left, so now she's made up a backstory and written a screenplay which presumably involves the author globe-trotting to find all the creatures. Still the same Potter universe but takes place in the 1920s.

I'm kind of split on this...I'm giving Rowling the benefit of the doubt, it could be a fun story and they've got the production designer and creature effects people from the Potter films doing it, so it'll look cool and everything I'm sure. But David Yates is a pretty boring choice...I don't think he's untalented but he doesn't really fit in this genre that well.

I am a fan of the Harry Potter series and have little interest in this (which may bode well for my eventual enjoyment of the movie).

The "coming of age"/adolescence story is something that gets me almost always, gives me the best feelings, etc., and obviously we got to follow that through eight Harry Potter movies. I'm less interested in "magical adventures of some adult wizard," but given the right story and characters I'm sure it will be fun.

The books have had a huge literary significance! I don't know if the films are classics, I just meant that any reboot will likely spark comparison debates which might be unfair. Then again, I can't imagine Hermione being played by another actress. David Yates should never have have been involved, same goes for Radcliffe.