Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

On 27/10/2023 at 9:39 AM, bollemanneke said:

Thank God.

Yeah kill ‘em. I have no interest in them anyway.

Be glad for JNH to move on too. Good scores, but enough.

I've never seen any of them but the move away from the 'Fantastic Beasts' branding (awkwardly small by the third movie) indicated to me somewhat of an identity problem at WB. I suppose with a big franchise, the returns need to be substantial to justify big budgets so I'm not at all surprised if they're not enough by this point.

JNH's scores... mixed results. The first one feels like some fresh air but I never got into the second, and while I like the third, it feels a bit like a long playlist of extremely competent fantasy scoring but without that much holding it together. I'm content that he can move on to other things.

1 minute ago, Mr. Who said:

The thing is that I think some people misinterpreted what the franchise was about. Fantastic Beasts was literally the prologue, introducing Newt Scamander.

Right. People just become too attached to titles, as though they're supposed to at all reflect the contents of the film: they're not.

30 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

People just become too attached to titles, as though they're supposed to at all reflect the contents of the film: they're not.

A lesson I learned after watching "The Neverending Story". Talk about a misleading title. 

21 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

The idea behind THE NEVERENDING STORY perfectly fits its title.

Yeah but with a running time of 94 minutes, the title is straight up false advertising. 

3 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Right. People just become too attached to titles, as though they're supposed to at all reflect the contents of the film: they're not.

People became attached to the FB title because WB wouldn't stop naming it like that. Why couldn't we have The Crimes of Grindelwald? As I said years ago, there's a reason you don't have Peter Pan: The Rise of Jack Sparrow or Iron Man: Thor's Last Stand. Pick your main story.