Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

They should do a film series of her Cormoran Strike-novels. The Silkworm is amazing.

Or a Poirot-like series in a few years, when there are more books.

dont tell that to the gray pigrim

Oooh, good for David Yates wanting to stick with 35mm. Rousselot is a hard-line film cinematographer, and he's absolutely wonderful at capturing different aesthetics.

Ah, I had forgotten Yates was directing this. Makes me so much less interested than I already was

Ah, I had forgotten Yates was directing this. Makes me so much less interested than I already was

Mhm yeah, his Potter movies were a real mixed bag. I hope the storytelling will hold together a little better, at least, with Rowling writing directly for the screen, but I would have much preferred they went with Cuaron or someone completely new.

I love Cuaron's Prisoner of Azkaban and would have liked to see what he would have done with the rest of the series plus JW, of course. However I did like the direction of Goblet of Fire. Yates just sucks the magic out of everything.

Mhm yeah, his Potter movies were a real mixed bag. I hope the storytelling will hold together a little better, at least, with Rowling writing directly for the screen, but I would have much preferred they went with Cuaron or someone completely new.

I hope Yates stays away from Cuckoo's Calling. He's not great at shooting whodunnits.

J.K. Rowling is taking her detective novel series to television, so I'm not too worried about David Yates getting his hands on that. The only TV shows he did post-Potter was the pilot for "Tyrant."

Yates is such a pedestrian filmmaker. Completely void of the creativity shown by Cuaron, which is entirely fitting for the Potter universe.

Almost no interest in this now.

I have no idea how crossing the street reflects on one's filmmaking abilities.

Yates is as boring as walking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He played the villain in Jupiter Ascending and Steve Hawkings in The Theory of Everything

Obvious post count padding is obvious.

If you don't care about this, why are you posting in the thread?

Great casting! I've enjoyed Redmayne's performances since he made a lasting impression on me in the "The Pillars of the Earth" mini-series. Show some support for a fellow ginger, Steef!

• 2 weeks later...