Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

14 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Imparting wisdom and lecturing aren't the same thing, I reckon.

His story about "remembering to turn on the lights" didn't really feel right to me. 

Funny, that's one of my favorite Dumbledore moments in all the films. Perfect button to that scene.

Ideally my perfect Dumbledore would have had Harris' appearance/warmth and Gambon's agility/mysteriousness.

However, the "DIDYOUPUTYOURNAMEINTHEGOBLETOFFIRE????!!" bit in GOF still makes me cringe to this day.

It's weird, I couldn't imagine Gambon being in PS or CoS or Harris in the other 6.

The man has literally seen his sister killed in front of him, I doubt a little embarrassment is going to make him go nuts 

20 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Well, that's... nice?

I know how much you dislike these superfluous gimmicks that come with BluRays and the like so it seemed fitting. 

12 hours ago, mstrox said:

My argument is Sorcerer's Stone, which basically vomits the whole book while taking minimal liberties to make it more filmic.

If that film wasn't ''filmic" I doubt the films wouldn't have been as successful as they are. The production design, the costumes and the score (Merlin's Beard!) are all testaments to the success of the first film's "filmic" qualities.

Which reminds me, I'm getting that Golumn statue tht came with TTT EE in a short while actually! Cousin is giving it away for free 😁

The Smeagol one that comes with the EE.

Thise fancy sets were too expensive for me when they were released initially. 

53 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Oh, OK, everything makes sense now: you're wasting your hard-earned money on these crappy sets with crappy statues out of frustration, to compensate for things you truly wanted back then but couldn't get!

"I couldn't get the Argonath statue, I couldn't get the Minas Tirith statue, but nothing can stop me now from getting... the Niffler statue! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I genuinely wanted the Niffler statue! 

I would love the Argonath book ends but they go for too much money on eBay. 

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Keep telling yourself that: you may end up believing it! ;)

Really? I find there are quite a few that are at an affordable price: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xargonath+book+end.TRS0&_nkw=argonath+book+end&_sacat=0 (of course, it all depends on what you mean by "too much money")

This is is what I get when I search worldwide on my eBay app. So these are the ones willing to ship to Ireland. The first one is just one statue and the second one is missing the hand on both statues. Thankfully they marked it cheap!

I'll get a set some day but I'm in no rush.

IMG_3345.PNG

It's definitely a better score than the first one!  Though both are great.

As for the film itself, I never had any problems with it.  Of course its not as good as the almost perfect original, but its completely fine entertainment.  I've never analyzed its pros and cons or anything else about it; Just enjoy watching it *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...