The Wolverine: Extended Cut coming

Jay

Just for Stefan, a very own Wolverine thread :)

Anyway, the theatrical cue was 125 minutes, but the new extended cut coming to blu way will be 165 minutes!! 40 minutes longer! I can't even begin to imagine what could have been cut, this is very odd!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/100413_1030

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it was one of my favorite films of the summer I welcome additional material although the theatrical cut is fine too.

Not true, Mangold said it would be about 12 minutes longer. Also, the bullshit matter is you HAVE to buy the 3D bluray version. I'm still picking it up, because I loved the movie and welcome an extended cut, but it's a rip off that we have to buy the 3D version.

Who cares, honestly? I demand LESS, not MORE.

+1

Usually I agree, but I prefer the extended cuts of "Alien 3", "1941", "Dances With Wovles", and "The Shining". The so-called T.V. version of "Dune", however, is trash, even with all the previously unseen footage.

What about footage that is cut after a film's release ("2001", "Lawrence Of Arabia", "Spartacus", etc.)? Is it right to restore this footage?

Not true, Mangold said it would be about 12 minutes longer. Also, the bullshit matter is you HAVE to buy the 3D bluray version. I'm still picking it up, because I loved the movie and welcome an extended cut, but it's a rip off that we have to buy the 3D version.

When they do this they're also trying to increase sales of the 3D version so they can say to critics... "see look, people bought the 3D version so that's what they want".

Who cares, honestly? I demand LESS, not MORE.

+1

Usually I agree, but I prefer the extended cuts of "Alien 3", "1941", "Dances With Wovles", and "The Shining". The so-called T.V. version of "Dune", however, is trash, even with all the previously unseen footage.

What about footage that is cut after a film's release ("2001", "Lawrence Of Arabia", "Spartacus", etc.)? Is it right to restore this footage?

It's certainly true for Ridley Scott's Kingdom Of Heaven but I think the drift was "the less footage spend on Wolverine the movie, the better!" Of course, I would like to see the missing footage (which is recently discovered again) of 2001: ASO but if Stanley didn't want to add it in his movie then I have the utmost respect for that.

40 minutes longer? Really? Was the film THIS good?

Does a film have to be good to have an extended cut?

One, this will not have 40 minutes of cut footage. The movie doesn't even have 40 minutes worth of cut footage. It's going to have 12 minutes or so, check here :

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wolverine-Director-Promises-Bloodier-Director-Cut-Explains-Surprising-PG-13-38674.html

Secondly, no. Many movies have come out that are terrible, but get extended cuts, and great movies too. Sometimes they help, and can really change a movie (think DareDevil), make it worse (Fantastic Four), or nothing either way (Spider-Man 2.) I do wish SM3 had an extended cut, but alas, fuck Sony.

I thought the movie was very enjoyable in its theatrical cut. Unless people rave about how much the Unrated is an improvement, I think I'll stick with the DVD.