Episode 4 FULL orchestral score

luke's mom

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to purchase the full orchestral sheet music for Episode 4. This is the only thing my 16 year old son is asking for as gift for his birthday. Does this exist?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the sheet music for Star Wars scores is not commercially available outside concert suites like the one Alexander linked for you in his above post.

I appreciate your help. Thank you. Is this true for all of the episodes? My son is also interested in the full orchestral sheet music for Episode 6.

There isn't a single complete score of Williams that is commercialy available, only suites and themes.

If your son loves Elfman's Batman, this will be released soon officially, in complete full score form.

The previous release was Edward Scissorhands but that is OOP.

Yes sir. The likelihood of Williams releasing the full ochestral score to Star Wars in the same manner that Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake is available seems unlikely any time soon. I can only hope that someone raids his estate and submits it to the public after the copyright has expired ;)

Of course, copyright laws in the US are completely insane anyway. Shostakovich's works are still unavailable, and he's been dead for almost 40 years. Seems outlandish.

well, I don't know about public domain, but i have a hunch that it could be officially released for purchase before you die..

After Williams leaves us, companies could release some scores.

I think that large part of the reason that these scores aren't released yet, may be due to Williams himself.

(in the same way that he doesn't want Sugarland Express to be released)