Noah

Lewya

I wanna be a videogame in my next life!

Hehe, I was not impressed with this trailer, but I like a few of his earlier films so I have decided to give the film a chance. I also like some of Mansell's music so i'm a bit curious about the score. Usually Mansell is a hit or miss for me however.

Build it 300 cubits by 80 cubits by 40 cubits.

Right. What's a cubit?

The cubit is an archaic unit of length based on the length of the forearm from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger.

Right. What's a cubit?

The cubit is an archaic unit of length based on the length of the forearm from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger.
Thank you Wiki, I suppose?

For your next Wiki homework assignment, look up Noah and the Neighbor by Bill Cosby.

Right. What's a cubit?

Thank you Wiki, I suppose?
For your next Wiki homework assignment, look up Noah and the Neighbor by Bill Cosby.

If it makes you feel better, I got it. Lol

Looks like a typical, Hollywood epic version of the story. That's not necessarily a bad thing but there were elements in the trailer that were obtrusively cliche. The cinematography was very impressive in the footage, though.

So they figured out how to stretch four chapters of the Book of Genesis into a three hour epic film. I'm not sure what inspired more: DeMille's The Ten Commandments or Jackson's Hobbit saga. That's going to need a lot of fluff.

It should be interesting how both this film and Son of God fare next year at the box office. (Especially the latter.)

As for the trailer, it looks fairly interesting in how they expand the story into feature length -- but there's not a clear hook that will grab a ton of people (and no, it's not the CGI). Russell Crowe just isn't a name that draws in people.

But I have to say Matthew Libatique's photography is stunning. It might be worth checking out on the big screen just for his work.

• 3 months later...

Something tells me that Noah is going to be a turkey and that Aronofsky is going to say: "Well, I tried, but as it turns out, big epics aren't my forte so I'm going back to smaller character movies."

Remember, you heard it first from me!

Alex

Something tells me that Noah is going to be a turkey and that Aronofsky is going to say: "Well, I tried, but as it turns out, big epics aren't my forte so I'm going back to smaller character movies."

Won't he blame it on the audience? "They didn't understand my film. They didn't understand the message I was trying to convey. It's not my fault"