Bespin

The Official Jazz Music thread

21 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

Hey, have you listened to Lalo Schifrin's non-film stuff? Here's one of my favorite pieces of music, his "Latin Jazz Suite" (this is the first movement)

I'm also a big fan of Chucho Valdez, here's a piece he wrote with his band Irakere:

I feel like you'd like these, so I figured I would share them!

Bet.e & Stef

"Bet.e & Stef deftly transport their listener into an intricate fusion of the lush and sensual worlds of Bossa Nova, Samba rhythms and timeless Jazz. Bet.e’s natural, seemingly effortless vocals are supported by Stef’s guitar. In turn, his vocals intertwine beautifully with hers, resulting in one of those ultra-rare intuitive, 50/50 collaborations akin to Louie & Ella.'' ---- from a CBC Radio concert review

Bet.e & Stef is a Canadian bossa nova and jazz group from Montreal, Quebec, consisting of vocalist and percussionist Elizabeth "Bet.e" Provencher and vocalist and guitarist Stéphane "Stef" Carreau. They are best known for their 2002 album Day By Day which sold 200,000 copies and were shortlisted for the Juno Award for New Group Of The Year at the Juno Awards of 2003.

20 years ago, Frank Sinatra left us.

I could encode some CDs for my new FLAC player.

But which albums too choose, that's always the problem!

I'm listening to this wonderful new album of traditional Cuban mambo/jazz this morning and imagining myself under an umbrella on a hot day drinking a mojito and eating arroz con pollo and fried plantains.  Preferably while wearing a panama hat, sunglasses, and a linen shirt like it's 1958 or some shit.  This is the Westworld park fantasy I'd pay to go to.  The 1950s Cuba of Godfather Part II, Graham Greene, and Hemingway (with a side dish of Dr. No Jamaica).

gX7uZjxF0Fyafy7VOfJF5CJ_Dc9IbGJ3hb5y5WJK