Quintus

The small talk Thread

Worried about Sinterklaas. He is on the roof tops of ALL dutch homes with children tonight, on his white steed, bringing gifts to all the children. Hope he wont get blown of.

Ah well. You all set for Christmas then?

Not doing christmas this year, apart from having dinner at my sisters

Yeah, not bad. But they've really taken a dive.

Too much money in the game nowadays. Too many players become millionaires before they grow up, you know what I mean?

Hows the GF and kids these days?

Yeah, not bad. But they've really taken a dive.

Too much money in the game nowadays. Too many players become millionaires before they grow up, you know what I mean?

Hows the GF and kids these days?

They're pretty good, apart from a lingering chest infection/cough which just refuses to piss off. What time do you finish?

They're pretty good, apart from a lingering chest infection/cough which just refuses to piss off. What time do you finish?

Yeah the weather it indusive to infections, tough shit man.

I finished long time ago, flushed the Kleenex.

How was dinner?

I bought new glasses today. I've long wanted to return to the 50s/60s/70s horn-rimmed style, with all its class and reminiscence of skinny ties and NASA mission control rooms. It was with no small degree of horror that I learned horn-rims, and even skinny ties, have been hijacked by the so called "hipsters." But I tried a pair on. The inner struggle that then ensued upon seeing myself in them was titanic. In the end I chose to brave whatever ridicule and fashion misunderstandings may come my way. Horn-rimmed glasses or death.

Yeah the weather it indusive to infections, tough shit man.

I finished long time ago, flushed the Kleenex.

How was dinner?

Microwaved rogan josh, not bad considering. Anyone been watching that I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here? Who do you want to win?

How is the general quality of Indian food across the pond? Everyone is always trying to get me into it, being a spice freak. But I find it all too often breaks the cardinal rule of spicy food: it sacrifices flavor for heat. Instead of a swift kick to the ass of taste, you just get a cloying chemical burn. Is that just a US issue, or the nature of the cuisine everywhere?

I bought new glasses today. I've long wanted to return to the 50s/60s/70s horn-rimmed style, with all its class and reminiscence of skinny ties and NASA mission control rooms. It was with no small degree of horror that I learned horn-rims, and even skinny ties, have been hijacked by the so called "hipsters." But I tried a pair on. The inner struggle that then ensued upon seeing myself in them was titanic. In the end I chose to brave whatever ridicule and fashion misunderstandings may come my way. Horn-rimmed glasses or death.

Use your receipt and order a pair of Shuron Ronsir Zyls. They're still being produced. Feels great rocking it like Jim Garrison or Malcom X.

20130831_109919.jpg

Trust me, you won't regret it.

I furiously gave the big boss a verbal ass kicking for being an unfair jerk to one of my direct employees.

I may need to find new work tomorrow. ;)

Really? Any plans for the weekend?

How is the general quality of Indian food across the pond?

I am told a Brit's idea of Indian/Chinese cuisine is absolutely nothing like their proper authentic food. We'd probably bork at most of it.

But I'll still take an English Indian Jalfrezi every time.

How is the general quality of Indian food across the pond?

I am told a Brit's idea of Indian/Chinese cuisine is absolutely nothing like their proper authentic food. We'd probably bork at most of it.

But I'll still take an English Indian Jalfrezi every time.

Our Chinese and Indonesian food has also been adapted to serve Dutch tastes.

How was work today Lee?

Quiet and easy going, how I like it to be when the kids have obstructed deep sleep the night before. Are you still job hunting btw? Didn't you get a job somewhere I seem to recall you saying. Are you like me where you check the board on your phone where possible through the working day?

I furiously gave the big boss a verbal ass kicking for being an unfair jerk to one of my direct employees.

I may need to find new work tomorrow. ;)

Really? Any plans for the weekend?

Well, I wasn't fired today. Woo.

No plans. You?