Quintus

The small talk Thread

I do enjoy the process of thinking up and buying interesting gifts for friends/family, wrapping, writing cards etc.

I actually do too. I have to admit that I like receiving gifts almost as much as I like giving them. Almost. :)

This year we made a promise with my relatives and family that we don't give gifts to each other but I think I'll get something small for them none the less. It's Christmas after all and it is seldom these days that I get a chance to see them. But on the other hand being around your loved ones is enough of a present.

I've always hated the notion of giving gifts.

I don't mind giving them but I'm genuinely not arsed about receiving them. I prefer to buy my own "gifts". Or games consoles and phones, as I call 'em.
I just don't like wasting money, whether it's mine or someone else's. Why buy something that has a good probability of never being used just because it's the societal norm? It's like hallmark cards. Why are we paying $3 for pieces of cardboard when we can just say how we feel ourselves?

The best gift anyone could get me is an Amazon gift card. Most of my money goes there anyway.

I've told everyone to get me Amazon vouchers from now on. Unfortunately I wasn't in time for this Christmas, so I'll have to make do with one last batch of socks, boxies and smellies! Oh and a shirt or jumper I'll never wear.

And why on EARTH would you move out?

French girls....living together....

They're probably bitches. Although Chaac can correct me if I'm wrong.

If they are bitches I wouldn't want to live with them either!

I house shared with five girls in my mid twenties Steef. It's quite annoying after the initial novelty has worn off. Hairdryers at 6am, bathroom situations, having to get dressed for a drink of water at 12am, bitching etc etc.

I house shared with five girls in my mid twenties Steef. It's quite annoying after the initial novelty has worn off. Hairdryers at 6am, bathroom situations, having to get dressed for a drink of water at 12am, bitching etc etc.

Yup that's typical. Plus there can be some women that take FOREVER to get ready hence hogging the bathroom. Bitching is the biggest issue...

Why not? Strike?

No, they literally won't be delivering mail to your house anymore, permanently. You'll have to fetch it in some box they put somewhere

Where the boxes will be, how far away from your house nobody knows

these type of changes in everyday life make me anxious

Yup that's typical. Plus there can be some women that take FOREVER to get ready hence hogging the bathroom. Bitching is the biggest issue...

I didn't have these problems.

This place is a bit cold and I want one with a room that's a bit cheaper, the heating also.

They don't want to leave with me and wanted to go away, but I'm leaving on my terms instead.

I thought its always been like that, at least in most of my lifetime. I've never had mail delivered straight to my home...

what kind of backwards country do you lve in..oh wait...

So why DON'T you have the mail delivered to your house then

I didn't have these problems.

This place is a bit cold and I want one with a room that's a bit cheaper, the heating also.

They don't want to leave with me and wanted to go away, but I'm leaving on my terms instead.

Ah okay, well it's best to leave on your own terms. I hope you can find a place.

I thought its always been like that, at least in most of my lifetime. I've never had mail delivered straight to my home...

what kind of backwards country do you lve in..oh wait...

So why DON'T you have the mail delivered to your house then

I don't know...maybe its an Ontario thing. We've been going to our designated mailbox to pick up our mail for the last 10 years at least.

Huh...that is very strange.

Well I live in Markham (when I'm not at school, at which time I live on campus), which is a suburban area, and none of us get our mail delivered to doors. I'm guessing the more urban areas of Toronto get that service (until now it seems...).

We've never had postmen come to our door. Only if it were for packages from UPS or FedEx and stuff.

Oh yes Finnish winter weather has gone haywire! It is still relatively warm here (0 Celsius) when there should be snow on the ground by now. In my hometown 600 kilometers north from Helsinki there is snow although not as much as usually. I blame the greenhouse effect! I want my winter gosh-darnit!