Boston Pops Film Night June 6-11 2014

JWfangirl1992

Hi Daniel, I thought I was the only member of the JWFan Atlanta chapter. Hope you can make it to dinner!

I'm in Acworth if you know where that is.

Can you seriously get an autograph if you get there early enough? That would seriously be a lifelong dream come true for me.

We successfully arrived in NYC. Looking forward to Friday's first performance and our get together on Saturday!

I'm going to try very hard to be at Uno on Saturday. What time are we meeting up there again? How early do we need to be back to SH to have a chance to see the man as he arrives? :)

Dinner at 5. I think the post from last year I linked to above would say when he arrived

I may have to pull out of dinner on Saturday, and just meet up by the stage door. My friends may be interested in going somewhere else instead, I'll know tonight.

go to their front desk and ask for replacements

I plan on it! Been working a lot this week without much sleep and just threw my bag together last night at 1am and having to wake up at 4. Didn't even think about the tickets or to bring a CD booklet.

Koray are you going to tonight's concert too or just tomorrow's?

I can bring a booklet for you to attempt to get signed tomorrow - if he doesn't sign it I'll take it back, if he does you can keep it and mail me back your original unsigned one later.

What booklet do you want - Munich? :)

Just arrived in boston now (crappy hostel, btw), and I'm really tired. I'll take it easy on the booze tonight, so I'm hopefully in better shape tomorrow.

So is this the final count for dinner at Uno's at 5pm for tomorrow?

1-2 Jay and Marcy

3 Thor

4-6 Joe Brausam + 2

7-8 Smeltington + 1

9-10 ins + 1

11 nightscape94

12-13 Koray Savas + 1

14-15 Croweyes1121 + 1

16 Losher

Have fun guys. Even my friend managed to make the trip to tonight's concert and she's rubbing it in. I envy you all.

Friday\Saturday Program:

Sound the Bells

Theme from Jurassic Park

Cadillac of the Skies

Flight to Neverland

Sayuris Theme

Brush on Silk

Call of the Champions

Hymn to the Fallen

Dry Your Tears Afrika

That's Entertainment

Tango from Scent of a Women

Excerpts from American in Paris

The Varsity Drag from Good News

The Adventures of Mutt

Harry's Wondrous World

With Malice Toward None

Throne Room and Finale from Star Wars

Theme from jurassic park! Performed by williams himself. I can now die and go to heaven!

Thanks for sharing!

Cadillac of the Skies! Sayuri's Theme! Brush On Silk!

Wow! Lots of stuff I haven't heard live yet!!

And a lot of the classics.

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Hymn to the Fallen followed Dry Your Tears Afrika was just wonderful.

I just wish he would've played something from Temple of Doom seeing how this year it's 30th anniversary. Adventures of Mutt is a nice piece, but not Temple of Doom.

Another bummer was he played just the Star Wars main title, NOT the throne room, which I was salivating to see performed by him.

Sorry for double post, but it was a terrific show. Didn't mean to focus on negative points. Wish I had a ticket for tomorrow.

Concert was great! Got even my Star Wars piano sheet music book signed! See you tomorrow.

Wow! All the choral pieces must have sounded amazing. And although I heard the entire Geisha suite with Yo-Yo Ma at Tanglewood in 2006, Brush on Silk with the Symphony Hall acoustics would be just so impressive. So sad I can't make it for the first time in 11 years!

One disappointment though would have been the omission of "The Book Thief".

Yea it is too bad he isn't doing something from TOD for its 30th. He could've saved the Geisha stuff for next year for its 10th. Oh well.

Wow, I have to say, I'm a bit surprised there's nothing from Indy, Superman, ET, Close Encounters, Jaws, Schindler's...so much insanely good classic material...but hey, at least there will be hardly any overlap whatsoever with this concert and the one I saw in October of 2012 in Atlanta. We should make it to dinner, by the way. Got my Schindler's poster with me. If I get that signed, I may faint...what are my chances? 1/1000? lol

Dinner reservations have been made!

It's a party of 16 under Jason. You can either ask for that name or just head to the Symphony Room, which is directly to the left when you enter.

And don't worry, we always do separate checks for each group within our party.

Can't wait to see everyone!

After the concert, let's all go to City Bar to end the night. It's a 15 minute walk from Symphony Hall, large, and with lots of drink options.

NOTE TO OUR FOREIGN FRIENDS - BRING YOUR PASSPORT! Most bars in Boston will card anyone who looks basically under 50, so you will need it as ID to get in!

Here is more info on City Bar, with links to directions, etc.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/city-bar-boston

Koray and I are meeting at The Ginger Exchange for drinks now if anybody wants to join. It's right next door to Unos (head left if facing the entrance)

Successful dinner with 12 JWFans in attendance! We took a lot of pictures, will post them tomorrow :)

None of us got a JW autograph before the show, but maybe 6 random fans did. JW arrived in the limo, got out wearing a windbreaker, quickly signed a few things then headed in.

At our seats now on the concert floor!

My friend is a JW/film music fan, she's one that leans towards the more casual side (though I've introduced her to some lesser known stuff she's come to enjoy). She went to the Friday concert and really enjoyed it. She also happened to drag her younger brother with her.

She didn't bring any of her CDs with her and didn't bother trying to get anything signed. But her brother, who didn't care for JW one bit and was there out of obligation (though he enjoyed the classic stuff) managed to follow the crowd with a random scrap of paper and get it signed. I found it pretty funny :P

nlak4y.jpg

That's cute, kk.

Currently watching the heat-spurs game @ rock wood and more than a bit tipsy on local brews --AGAIN! Just wanted to reiterate what a great time I had yesterday, and I'll post a report with pics as soon as i get back. I hope everyone else does the same.

I hope you spent the night locked in a deep and dark philosophical debate on album VS complete and chronological presentation of film scores! ;)