Expanded Harry Potter albums in the works?

crocodile

Wow, that's freaking fantastic news!

God, I hope for separate releases for each score and not a $240, 17 CD box set!

Well, it is still ambiguous as to what this clip means exactly. Hence, the question mark.

But I'd be definitely interested in buying the first four scores, not so much the fifth to eighth.

Karol

I just hope they're reasonably complete. And that means the full children's suite should be in there somewhere.

Well, it is still ambiguous as to what this clip means exactly. Hence, the question mark.

I don't see what can be ambiguous about MV's wording.

I hope they can find the HPSS trailer music

I prefer not to get my hopes too high .Even if we do get them , it remains to be seen if they release it properly or we get something like the Indy box

Well it certainly looks like we'll once again be put into the ironic position of hoping for no Williams involvement/interference in a release.

I think his ambiguity is perfectly clear.

Looks like that WB banner is a sore sight but one that means MV and his crew have struck gold with the studio. I remember a couple years back he had a list of their titles that they wouldn't let him touch, and those are slowly coming out on his label. Wonder if he'd be able to squeeze out The Dark Knight Trilogy.

WB must have finally realized that LLL does all the work and then they get a nice paycheck plus something they could sell digitally if they wanted. :-)

Well now this is great news!

Only if you like John Williams or something.

Well...yes and some other illustrious composers like Nicholas Hooper.

I think LLL should troll everyone and just release the expanded Hooper scores.

:P har-de-har-har.

I think HPSS can fit on 2 c.d.'s even with the children's suite ,and the significant alternates and unused music too I think. But I'm not sure if you can fit both the End Credits AND Hedwig's Theme and Harry's Wondrous World in concert version forms

I just hope they're reasonably complete. And that means the full children's suite should be in there somewhere.

Well I was just wondering how much more would we need to wait? Weeks? Months? Millennia?

Karol

Millennia?

yes, that seems more like it

We feel like that about every JW score release.

Wow, that's freaking fantastic news!

Normally I'd agree, but not this time! A nice box set would go great with the box sets of the books and movies! Either way, though, I'll be buying all the Potter music they release.

If there ever was a boxed set it would be the same dilemma as with the Superman Blue Box for me. I would happily dish out cash for 3 scores I really want to own and then again I would have to buy 5 that I like in varying degress but am not in too much of a hurry to get.

No no no. There should be a 15 CD set with the scores plus "Inspired by the motion pictures" tribute album series of 7 CDs featuring the hottest names of the modern music scene serenading their love for the Potter saga in long song suites.

Oh and an extra CD called "Music from the Cupboard Under the Staircase" which would be a fund raising effort to safe as many child wizards from their drab and mouldy abodes under the staircases of their relatives, which I believe is a problem plaguing the British suburbs these days. The child wizard living conditions I mean, not the child wizards themselves.

I would be an instant sell on parts 1-3. I would think long and hard about purchasing 4-8, because the music is, to me, just okay (on a sliding downward scale from Doyle's pt 4). I don't know if I listen to those albums enough to upgrade to full releases, but I could see myself obsessing enough about having a complete collection that I would eventually pick them up.

I would think, due to the expensive reuse fees of scores recorded in the US that are less than 10 years old, they'd probably shoot for single releases starting with part 1 and slowly working their way through.

Incanus, you have just reminded me that my ideal Potter box set would not be 100% complete... it would be 100% complete minus the Jarvis Cocker songs. Bonus points to any release that leaves those out!

No love for Do The Hyppogriff? -1 for you!

Bingo. Only the first three scores will be 10 years old next year. It would be too expensive to do a boxset until 2021

Incanus, you have just reminded me that my ideal Potter box set would not be 100% complete... it would be 100% complete minus the Jarvis Cocker songs. Bonus points to any release that leaves those out!

No love for Do The Hyppogriff? -1 for you!

So be it! I proudly accept your -1!

I'm really intrigued by the Bond scores also. I hope The Man With The Golden Gun, Octopussy and A View To A Kill gets expanded. There are some great unreleased cues from those. I'd obviously love to see Moonraker get expanded also, but it seems the sessions have been lost somewhere in Paris.

The short piece of Indian flavoured music that starts at 0:18 of

has been on my most wanted list of unreleased cues since I first saw the film in 1997.

Well I was just wondering how much more would we need to wait? Weeks? Months? Millennia?

If we go by the book, hours could seem like days.

If there ever was a boxed set it would be the same dilemma as with the Superman Blue Box for me. I would happily dish out cash for 3 scores I really want to own and then again I would have to buy 5 that I like in varying degress but am not in too much of a hurry to get.

A Potter set would contain considerably more music I'd happily pay for.

I would think, due to the expensive reuse fees of scores recorded in the US that are less than 10 years old, they'd probably shoot for single releases starting with part 1 and slowly working their way through.

Were any of the Potter scores recorded in the US?