Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Hunger Games 4 trailer? Why? It's just the same generic stuff that' been overplayed for years now

Absolutely, the emotions are so blown up, it's the total opposite of the first movie.

Much like the novels. The first is great. The second okay, but really just more of the same. The third is a rambling mess.

I've only seen the first two movies, though. I kind of gave up when they announced Mockingjay was going to be made up of two half movies. Catching Fire already felt incomplete enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the aesthetic of the HG films. I think they got it right on the believable side. It feels raw and real to me. Minus some of the annoying shaky-cam, I think the directing has been good, and JNH's music has definitely kept it firmly grounded with its guttural and earthy sound. I'm happy they didn't go the direction of general fantasy music, because the contrast between the 3 styles he uses; simplistic strings and solo voice for Katniss and the districts, the electronic music of the capitol, and demonic brass of the games, works brilliantly.

It's just too bad they got such a terrible looking wig for Lawrence in the final 2 films. I dunno what happened there

It's just too bad they got such a terrible looking wig for Lawrence in the final 2 films. I dunno what happened there

With the amount of terrible wigs present, I was immune to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...