Montezuma-Cortez: the next Spielberg project?

TownerFan

1 hour ago, Richard said:

A.I.? THE TERMINAL? KOTCS? :pukeface:

I am especially referring to Artificial Intelligence, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, War of the Worlds and Munich!

By the way, The Terminal as an enjoyable comedy and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is also an entertaining movie!

And what do you have against Artificial Intelligence!?:angry:

A.I. is a masterpiece and the best film made since the year 2000.

But yeah -- I'd like to see Spielberg do some gritty stuff again, whether sci fi or something else.

I've seen it three times on big screen when it first came out. I loved it then. Then watched it a couple more times on DVD... and haven't watched it since.

Karol

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Sorry, Thor; that's TRAFFIC, and the second best is MASTER AND COMMANDER.

56 minutes ago, Thor said:

I don't even have enough superlatives to say how much I love that film. I see it at least twice every year, and have done so ever since it came out.

I feel that way about GRAND CANYON, but each to their own :)

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

First of all, never begin a sentence with a conjunction.

Secondly, I'm concerned with the anthropomorphism of machines. I understand the metaphorical, and philosophical aspects of the story, but as time went on, I began to become uneasy with the way that machines (for that's what Mecha are) are treated as humans, and sometimes better than humans. I get that Hobby wanted a replacement for his dead son, but building a machine really isn't the solution.

As for David...so, he's activated, and then, what? Like a machine, David never learns, never progresses, never matures. He's a washing machine that's stuck on the wash section of its cycle. He's a dead end. He even nearly blinded his "mother". Monica was wise to ditch the little twerp.

I could go on, but let's just agree to disagree. I'm sorry if I sound as so "down" on A.I., as I know that there's a lot of love for it, and I'd never wish to stifle that love.

Conversely, WAR OF THE WORLDS is a brilliant, bittersweet story about an estranged father, trying desperately to reconnect with his children. As someone who worked with children for six years, I can appreciate what both families, and their offspring go through. WOTW helped me to learn about the hurt that children carry with them.

Best exchange:

No, this...this came from someplace else.

What, you mean, like, Europe?

No, Robbie, not, like, Europe! :lol:

I still laugh out loud, at that.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

the second best is MASTER AND COMMANDER.

I don't remember anything of that film, only that I was bored to death at the cinema, so I didn't pursue to rewatch it.

• 2 years later...

These news are months old, but apparently this is indeed going forward as a mini series. Spielberg wll produce. Ciro Guerra (who directed the incredible Embrace of the Serpent) will direct and Steve Zallian will write the script based on a previous treatment by Dalton Trumbo. Besides the previously announced casting of Bardem as Cortés, they have also cast Moctezuma and Doña Marina (or La Malinche):

https://deadline.com/2020/02/tenoch-huerta-yoshira-escarrega-join-javier-bardem-in-amazons-hernan-cortes-limited-series-1202864677/

I really hope this goes forward, This is one of most fascinating and interesting historical events I have ever read about. It will probably work best as a mini series, but I would absolutely love if Williams scored this, as unlikely as that is

On 3/29/2018 at 11:58 AM, Thor said:

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

On 3/29/2018 at 11:26 AM, Brundlefly said:

I am especially referring to Artificial Intelligence, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, War of the Worlds and Munich!

By the way, The Terminal as an enjoyable comedy and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is also an entertaining movie!

TERMINAL = TERRIBLE

KOCS = great fun

WOTW = phenomenal

A.I. = Misfire

Nuff said

29 minutes ago, Romão said:

I really hope this goes forward, This is one of most fascinating and interesting historical events I have ever read about. It will probably work best as a mini series, but I would absolutely love if Williams scored this, as unlikely as that is

He might be interested if the subject matter intrigues him and he has nothing else on his plate. All these months in isolation must be boring him to tears.

26 minutes ago, crumbs said:

He might be interested if the subject matter intrigues him and he has nothing else on his plate. All these months in isolation must be boring him to tears.

Williams is probably as interested in this project as he was about The Secret Life of Water Mitty or the Oldboy remake

58 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Williams is probably as interested in this project as he was about The Secret Life of Water Mitty or the Oldboy remake

I wish he had done the CHICAGO 10 project instead of POST which I have no interest in( he should have made Ellsberg the focus)