TWIN PEAKS

Romão

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hmm.  You know, maybe we'll just NEVER watch FWWM.

I'd watch it.  There's a lot of "Twin Peaks mythology" stuff.  Even if it's not particularly Twin Peaksy, it's an interesting thing to sit and watch.  Also, as a David Lynch movie, it serves as kind of a gateway - from his earlier, typically more linear stuff, to his later-career weirder stuff to come (Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire).

I love Mulholland Dr!

I'm actually more curious about the 90 minute deleted scenes montage with all the cast members than I am the final theatrical movie, I think.

Apparently once you watch them you can see why they were cut. 

It all got a little bit exhaustive in the end didn't it, the desperation for anything more from Twin Peaks. 

3 hours ago, mstrox said:

Fire Walk With Me is a difficult movie, and I don't really view it as "a part" with the series.  Especially not tonally - gone is the defining humor of the series and the delve into the dark side of small town lives.

Fire Walk With Me is a stand alone movie. I've never seen the series and I like it more than most Twin Peak fans.

In comparison to his other stuff it's not as good as his 4 surreal masterpieces and his 2 emotional dramas, but you can compare it with Inland Empire and Eraserhead.

12 hours ago, Stefancos said:

So Lynch went Lucas?

No. You mean you never heard the tale? How Lucas took Lynch out for salad and tried to get him to direct Revenge of the Jedi? It's a shame. It might have been a great film.

13 hours ago, Quintus said:

I bet nobody here as seen these little Lynch directed beauties :lovethis:

Sigh.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24028-david-lynch-returns-to-twin-peaks-2017-showtime-miniseries/&page=16#comment-1242488

On 05/05/2016 at 7:23 PM, Quintus said:

I thought Laurie was no longer with us if I'm honest. My bad. 

I definitely liked her character and it would have been nice to see her return. 

Just re-read this because of Jay's link. After watching the whole thing again, I'm sad Laurie isn't returning. She's one of my favourite characters. 

"Sigh" implies mild irritation. What's up? 

Catherine Martell was an awesome character, I forgot she wouldn't be in the revival, that's too bad

Although he was never quite crucial to the main storyline, he was absolutely essential in establishing that very peculiar Twin Peaks atmosphere. His character was gold

24 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

If you're into gay icons perhaps. Which I guess explains your affection 

You realise I'm onto you with these re-edits don't you? I know want you're up to. 

If the actors' shoots were done in studio, and not on location, it's fairly easy not to leak stuff.

And Lynch has a habit of filming things weirdly (for instance, the Rabbits portions of Inland Empire were filmed in his back yard).

Sherilyn Fenn famously didn't age as well as we thought she would, but I remember seeing her in an episode of something called Dual Spires a couple of years ago and she looked great. 

vlcsnap_2012_09_25_00h57m52s104_zps68dfe

Saw Fenn in something a few years ago. Obviously she's aged, but she can still pull off that youthful carefree flirty stuff well. She'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Norma looks the same just older. She's an extremely beautiful woman. 

The type where her beauty becomes for apparent the older she gets. In her twenties she probably didnt catch anyone's eye as much as she did in her late thirties.