TWIN PEAKS

Romão

On 25/02/2023 at 2:53 AM, Naïve Old Fart said:

STRAIGHT STORY 2: THE EVEN STRAIGHTER STORY

Now, now, we need to be more inclusive nowadays, right? The sequel will have to be:

THE LGBTQ+/GENDER-FLUID STORY 2

(I know, it's a different meaning of "straight", but the whole damn thing's ridiculous anyway.)

(Not the original film by Mr. Lynch, that's still amazingly wonderful. I really thought it was one of Lynch's most beautiful, sweet projects.)

• 5 months later...

All of Twin Peaks will eventually find a home on Paramount+ in the US, once preexisting streaming deals expire - since CBS/Showtime own the show.

Coincidentally, just finished a book of essays on Twin Peaks and can’t believe it never struck me as odd that they release figurines and Funko Pops of a dead victim of (SA trigger and spoiler warning)

Spoiler

incest and rape

and various incarnations and guises of the perpetrator!  

Spoiler

IMG_0342.jpeg

I don’t buy Funko Pops because I’m 40 years old, so maybe I just never thought enough about it to look at it through a critical lens.

The manufacturers of these hideous pieces of trash had no taste in the first place to be able to be bothered by the idea

48 minutes ago, mstrox said:

All of Twin Peaks will eventually find a home on Paramount+ in the US, once preexisting streaming deals expire - since CBS/Showtime own the show.

Or on your blurays you bought, to be summoned whenever at a moment's notice if you don't trust the whims, regional restrictions and rights bullshit of these studios!

You’re preaching to the choir here - although I never bit on the most recent A to Z set, I think I’ve bought every other new Twin Peaks home media release - including VHS sets from probably before you were born

Also, if anyone's interested, a group of fans have made a demo for a Twin Peaks game in PS1 style. I have played it and it's quite good! It left me wanting for much, much more.

You can download it here:

https://blueroseteam.itch.io/twin-peaks-into-the-night

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...