TWIN PEAKS

Romão

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Frost's book came out today too

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-History-Twin-Peaks/dp/B01KFX635C/ref=sr_tnr_p_1_7538393011_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476808634&sr=8-1&keywords=secret+history+of+twin+peaks

I bought the eBook and I read over maybe 5% of it on breaks today.  At this point it's only establishing minor Twin Peaks mythology points throughout history, but I'm excited to get into whatever the portion of it is that deals with the characters we know.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Lookin' good. I hope I can get over the fact that the sherrif isn't it.

...nor Killer Bob, nor Piper Laurie, nor Jack Nance, nor Eric de Re, nor Little Man From Another Place.

Catherine Coulson did film some scenes, before she died, though.

Albert Rosenfield's back. Yea!

1 hour ago, Richard said:

.nor Piper Laurie, nor Eric de Re, nor Little Man From Another Place.

I'm still thinking that there will be some surprises not shown on the cast list.  Think about the lengths Lynch/Frost and Piper Laurie went through to make sure people didn't know she was on set in season 2 (until her character reveal).

Not sure why they would keep a Little Man From Another Place appearance under wraps, especially since Carel Struychen is confirmed.  But an unexpected reappearance from Leo, or Catherine, or Sheriff Truman* would be impactful.

Of course, so would a reappearance by Annie (Graham) or Donna (Boyle), also left off of the cast list.

*if the rumors of this particular role being recast are true, that would rule it out

Well, I can understand if for actors who are dead, of course. But such a central character as Sheriff Truman, and with Michael Ontkean still around and kicking....well, whether he retired from showbiz or not, it feels like a loss.

Presumably he was asked, but who knows. And it was only "someone close to the actor" who said he was "fully retired from show business.” 

On 10/8/2015 at 6:14 PM, Jay said:

Shame he didn't want to un-retire just for this!

• 2 months later...
On 18-10-2016 at 11:41 PM, Stefancos said:

Robert Forster is a hell of an actor though!

He was incredible in Jackie Brown, Steef. Do you remember?

421.jpg

15 hours ago, Jay said:

:lol:

Now that's how you make a teaser!

Yeah, those two were definitely main course of the series. The finale itself felt more like a wind-down after those two emotional (although very different) episodes.

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

HBO announced ages ago that GOT season 7 won't premiere in the usual March / April timeframe this year. The reason is because they began filming the season later than usual, and the reason for that is because they had to wait for snow to fall, since Winter has now finally arrived on the show. 

The only premiere date we know for GOT 7 is "summer" 

We still need to watch Fargo 1 & 2, High Castle 1 & 2, and I suppose Bates Motel and The Americans.  we watched Westworld, its pretty good.  Great cast and production values.  Long wait for Season 2 (coming 2018)

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

We still need to watch Fargo 1 & 2, High Castle 1 & 2, and I suppose Bates Motel and The Americans.  we watched Westworld, its pretty good.  Great cast and production values.  Long wait for Season 2 (coming 2018)

Both Fargo seasons are essential, fantastic television.  I still need to watch High Castle & The Americans.  I gave up on Bates Motel after 2 seasons; waste of time IMO.

Another problem was after Westworld 1, The Fall 3, and something else I forget, we were in the mood for more "light" fair for our next show instead of another "dark" one

I, too, am watching a shitload of shows (some are on now, some are on hiatus, some are cancelled, some I haven't started yet). I keep these two threads over on FSM to keep myself in the loop. Some of them are based on posters' recommendations, others I've discovered on my own.

For paranormal shows (also with some non-paranormal shows towards the end of the post):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=77587&forumID=7&archive=0

For sit coms:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=116750&forumID=7&archive=0

But I will have absolutely no trouble squeezing TWIN PEAKS in there, come April. I don't think I've ever looked forward to any new show (or, perhaps, season) as much as this, since the original is such a crucial part of my life in so many ways.

That's what I use it for too. I have no idea if there are shit shows there, though. I'm working my way through them alphabetically.

Plus the trouble with sitcoms and other TV comedy is it normally takes a few episodes just to become accustomed to the characters and their banter. Pilots are useful for other genres, but they can do plenty of classic comedies a disservice. 

Aye, its true.  A lot of great sitcoms have shit pilot episodes, sometimes pretty crappy entire first seasons

It just goes to show that there's no particular rhyme or reason to sitcom quality:season number ratios. Some start out great and eventually fade (Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys) and others don't hit their stride till later on (Only Fools and Horses, Seinfeld).