TWIN PEAKS

Romão

I saw the movie. Finally I've seen everything Twin Peaks. I'm ready for Twin Peaks 2.0.

Alex - who wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone

The film is fantastic -- one of the best of the 90s. But the TV show is still superior (because it stresses MOOD so much).

The film is fantastic -- one of the best of the 90s.

It is? I didn't know that.

Thor has eclectic tastes. He also considers Prometheus to be the best film of 2012.

My log is sad tonight.

Except for The Straight Story :)

There's not that much story in that one.

True, not a riveting cause-effect story in the Hollywood sense, but it is BY FAR the movie by Lynch that is the most traditionally told. I adore that film, at least as much as the other, more challenging post-TWIN PEAKS films of the 90s.

I'm really disappointed Ontkean won't be returning, but I honestly couldn't think of a more apt replacement actor to play Truman.

The fact that 20+ years will have passed will help smooth the aesthetic transition; because let's face it the two men aren't that dissimilar in both looks and demeanor.

I'm not convinced. This is the second previously very-willing cast member to deny returning (the first is Michael Anderson, aka the little man from another place). Those with NDAs may have been instructed to answer this way.

If Forster is the new sheriff, I sure hope it's a new character and not a recast.

• 2 weeks later...

If actors' comments are to be 100% believed, Mike Anderson (Little Man from Another Place) and Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne) will also not be coming back.

And obviously the actors who have passed away (Jack Nance, Frank Silva, Catherine Coulson, etc)