TWIN PEAKS

Romão

• 1 month later...

Delete that before Lee reads it. He'll be devastated

A more optimistic quote from yesterday: "I haven't returned yet and we're still working on the contract, but I love the world of Twin Peaks and I love those characters. And I think it will be very special to go back into that world

So hopefully a lot of worrying over nothing.

I rather wait one year longer if it means they have more time for writing the scripts.

The article says the scripts are finished.

Haggling Over DVD & Streaming Sales Reportedly Holding Up David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks' Deal

According to Will McCrabb, who has a couple of degrees of connection to the Lynch camp, it's money from DVD and streaming sales that are reportedly being haggled over. And until it's settled to Lynch's satisfaction, it seems he's ready to walk from "Twin Peaks."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/haggling-over-dvd-and-streaming-sales-reportedly-holding-up-david-lynchs-twin-peaks-deal-20150317

Nice update quote from Showtime:

“Nothing is going on that’s any more than any preproduction process with David Lynch. Everything is moving forward and everybody is crazy thrilled and excited.”

• 3 weeks later...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/report-twin-peaks-revival-canceled-by-showtime-2015-4?r=US

It's almost comical really.

The latest is it may still go on at Showtime; without Lynch. Which is just daft. I mean, how bitter and petty must things have gotten for the series creator to walk away from this his most iconic work? I reckon it could all still blow over, but whatever. The fans survived 20 odd years through rumour and without more Peaks so they have thick skins anyway.

The studios wouldn't give him the money? Don't they recognize that rebooting all these classic shows is super lucrative and thus worth the investment?

Well it says Showtime still hopes to get Lynch back on board.

So maybe Lynch is playing hardball, and those cheap bastards at Showtime might cough up the cash.

To be quite frank, I think the only reason he would do it is to finance some other non-film (or maybe a small film) project of his that he cares about. He's clearly not that interested in the show itself.

Karol

It just seems to me that there must be some cynical and mundane reason he's doing it in the first place. Doesn't seem like something David Lynch of the past 25 would do, given his film and non-film work. Doesn't seem like there's any challenge in it for him.

That coupled with the fact he's been heavily involved with a lot of non-profit organisations in the past few years and Twin Peaks is the only thing he can sell.

And now that he's not satisfied with money offered. Seems plausible to me.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm cynical about it. That's also true.

Karol

Palmer said she'd be back in 25 years. It sort of works out and seems almost obvious that they would choose now to continue on their story, especially given that Lynch has said he's had it all bubbling around in his mind for years now.

There is a (small) part of me that hopes this is true. Because that would mean it can actually be good.

But then, I remember Twin Peaks film as well. And it wasn't.

Karol