TWIN PEAKS

Romão

• 1 month later...

I've recently finished the first season of this and got through the feature length opener to the second tonight. It takes me 3 episodes to ease into this world, to be comfortable with it. I remember that was how it was years ago too, when I first saw it. 

It's mostly good, but the inexplicably transformed Donna is excruciatingShe has uncomfortably long dialogue scenes which say very little, and it was hard to watch. Painful acting. For me the original feature length pilot is probably my favourite so far, but there are a couple of really great episodes which follow that in the initial seven, too. 

12 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Still basically no new footage shown except that one shot of Agent Cooper.

Strange indeed. What if they have nothing to show because they found out Lynch is cuckoo?

20120210-224630.jpg

Twin Peaks is set in the 1950's!

Kinda!

6 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Posting my prediction now for Twin Peaks 2016's main/entry plot:

25 years after her death, Laura Palmer reappears in the town of Twin Peaks.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Of course I did!

I'm also gonna edit that post in May when the show actually starts, to make my prediction look accurate.

You failed!

My guess is that tacitly, the show will be "set" in 2014, 25 years after the original.

Anybody could quote ANYBODY and change it to say ANYTHING

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Twin Peaks is set in the 1920's!

Kinda!

You farted!

Tonight we finally got to the part where Mike AKA The One Armed Man revealed to Cooper and Truman his true nature... and Bob's! 

It's frickin' awesome! You can really feel the shift in gear in the last couple of episodes. 

17 hours ago, mstrox said:

Posting my prediction now for Twin Peaks 2017's main/entry plot:

25 years after her death, Laura Palmer reappears in the town of Twin Peaks.

Really? I was thinking the first season would be about Cooper's evil doppelganger wreaking creeping havoc in town, the aftermath of which we'll learn all about, until the Bookhouse Boys and probably the new blood cast figure out what's really happening and make a plan to rescue the real Cooper from the Black Lodge. But I suppose anything can happen. 

• 3 weeks later...

We don't know an awful lot about the score/soundtrack at this point.  We know Badalamenti is returning, and I believe I heard that Lynch wrote some stuff as well.  Julee Cruise is returning, so we can expect some songs from her.  In the new cast, there are tons of musicians.  Will the be acting-only (like Bowie) or performing?  Unknown.

Eddie Vedder also played a song live maybe a year ago that is purportedly from Twin Peaks.

On March 16, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Brundlefly said:

Hopefully, David Lynch will make another movie after that. There are only nine real Lynch movies, which is very tragic.

I'm assuming Fire Walk With Me is the one you consider not a real movie? Or did you miscount?

No, it's "Dune", as it is more like a struggle between the director and the producer. The result is the movie being a chaos and by far the worst of the director (though it's more the producers movie).

It's like "Poltergeist" which is undeniably directed by Steven Spielberg.

"Fire Walk With Me" is a typical but a great movie, although many fans were disappointed, because the movie was too sinister and brutal in comparison to the series.

If Lynch had gone Lucas, we would have seen the origins of Agent Cooper's love for cherry pie and Audrey's mole, and we would have found out how Dick Tremayne got his job at Horne's Department Store.

Fire Walk With Me is a difficult movie, and I don't really view it as "a part" with the series.  Especially not tonally - gone is the defining humor of the series and the delve into the dark side of small town lives.  But as a companion piece (something that gets across the horror of what actually was happening to Laura Palmer much more than a bunch of after-the-fact reveals and forensics reports in the series), I think it's vital in a way.