TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Just now, Stefancos said:

At least Shia LeBouf can breathe a sigh of relief knowing he's no longer did the worst impression of Brando in The Wild One...

Spoiler

I'm not sure if I want Wally to disappear forever, or if I want him to stick around in an effort to make his appearance meaningful in some way.

So I've watched the first 4 episodes. Some random thoughts, mainly on episodes 3 and 4:

Spoiler

- Bad Cooper (Mr. C), was suposed to return to the Black Lodge in exchange for Good Cooper, at 2:53.

- Good Cooper awaits in a sort of limbo (that cosmic room) for the exchange to take place, and thentries to exchange places with Mr. C, through electricity (the Cigarette Lighter in Mr. C's car) but for some reason, is unable to do so and Mr. C vomits the cream corn (which represents all the pain and suffering he's been feeding on in the last 25 years - garmonbozia). 

- Unable to exchange places with Mr. C, Good Cooper instead exchanges places with Dougie and just before, Dougie, instead of vomiting cream corn, vomits cherry pie, I think, which might make me think Dougie is an escape hatch of sorts to ensure Good Cooper would return to the real world in the case of Mr. C refusing to return to the Black Lodge. Now, the cherry pie vomits makes me think Dougie was created on Good Cooper's behalf, but he might also be a bargaining chip to ensure Mr. C does not leave the real world and can continue his "reign of terror".

- Why does the electrical terminal in the cosmic room through which Good Cooper returns to the real world has at first the number 15 and after the number 3 written on it? Is it a sort of an AM and PM kind of thing?

These are all very scattered points, but I'm absolutely intrigued about what I've just seen

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Scholars will be debating the significance of some of these points for certuries. 

How long are certuries? 

So are we pretty sure they're gonna be getting Diane to take a look at Mr C?

I've seen a lot of people say Audrey but don't know why Albert/Gordon would think of her. They never had anything to do with her in the series, right?

5 hours ago, mrbellamy said:
  Hide contents

So are we pretty sure they're gonna be getting Diane to take a look at Mr C?

I've seen a lot of people say Audrey but don't know why Albert/Gordon would think of her. They never had anything to do with her in the series, right?

Spoiler

To me, Diane is the only good answer for me (at least of the characters that we know exist).  She knew Coop intimately.  All of the characters we actually see on Twin Peaks - even Audrey and Annie - only knew Cooper for a period of weeks.  So how they could confirm that an evil entity 25 years later is or is not Cooper, I don't know.

I could be wrong.  Or, it could be somebody we've never heard of before.  COOP'S MOMMY?

Spoiler

I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES - THOSE CLOWN COMICS - TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE

I do want to see this...fuck.

Here's my thing. I don't want to subscribe to Showtime. I also don't want to pirate it. I also don't want to wait for home video. I also want to save it for the replacement of classic Haunted Mansion with the holiday version. I'll need something to do when that happens. But I really want to watch it now. But I don't want to pay for the service. And I don't want to pirate it. But I want to go to Disneyland.

Yea, if you simply wait until there's only 4 episodes left to air, you can subscribe to a free month of Showtime, and binge all 18 episodes within the month's time.  That's what we might do...

One thing I keep going back in my head is the end of Part 2.  Maybe it's because I really like the song, and maybe it's because it's the most "classic Peaks" that we've gotten so far.  But man, the song.  And then the way James is introduced with a guitar strum as the song shifts.  And then the hints of romance and longing, between Shelly, and Shelly's friend, and James, and the stranger in the bar.

James is still cool.  He's always been cool.

I didn't find the

Spoiler

Bobby stuff comedic at all.  It was definitely ratcheted up emotionally, like a lot of the melodrama in the original series - and especially like a lot of the Bobby stuff (Laura's funeral, breaking down several times in season 2).  But I found it genuinely moving.  It made sense for me, that the character had maybe shut out that part of his life for so long now, and seeing the picture unexpectedly would be that jarring to him.

Spoiler

I guess. But the way the actor played it, completely over the top, even though everything up to that point has been extremely laconic, and no one more than Robert Forster, it made me laugh.

Loved it though, and that one moment completely changed my perception of Bobby.

Can we have some love for the design of the new opening credits please. The initially silent waterfall flyover, and then that dropped in bass strum... it's sheer magic and mood, I utterly love it. And then the curtains and swirling graphics of the iconic floor, it's just so beautifully evocative and just subtle enough. 

All you guys who binged all four eps already get nothing new this Sunday and have to wait another whole week to see what happens next!  Muwahahahaha!

I'll be starting BCS soon. But yeah, I'm distracted. 

Been immersing myself a fair bit in the expanded lore of Twin Peaks, been doing a bit of reading. Mark Frost is basically the architect of the supernatural and mythological aspects of the story, and it's bloody fascinating when you look into it. Just google "Dugpas Twin Peaks". 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

All you guys who binged all four eps already get nothing new this Sunday and have to wait another whole week to see what happens next!  Muwahahahaha!

Alternatively, "all you guys have seen it and are up to date; whereas I haven't even started it yet. Muwahahahahaha!"

Soon.... soon!  Its a long weekend here in the US of A, and we'll probably watch all four eps by the end of it

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Why is it a long weekend?

Memorial Day

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Have you been reading the spoilers in the thread? 

No.

5 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

What I'm really afraid of is that someone will spoil something major on the internet and I'll just happen to stumble upon it before I watch the new season.

The Showtime app is $11/month.  Surely, you can afford that?  That's like 3 cups of Starbucks a month skipped.