TWIN PEAKS

Romão

I know you're being funny, but have you seen the original pilot version of it? I haven't yet, but I know it's out there and want to see it soon

• 2 weeks later...

I never watched the show, but the bits of music I hear in this video sounds lovely.

It's funny how Angelo sounds like he's making love though...

The beginning "dark woods" part is a major motif in the show, and genuinely creepy as hell. Most of the time it's either heard on synths or winds and that's when it's just something really morbid to me, it gets under my skin. A very simple few notes, but brilliantly evocative.

• 8 months later...

This reminds me, in April 2014, Moby interviewed David Lynch:

Moby: "You don't have to answer if this is an awkward question. I think we can agree that the TV show Twin Peaks has heralded what we’ll call the weird, quasi golden age of television. (…) As there has been this move towards interesting TV, have you been tempted to write or develop a new TV show?"

David Lynch: "Mo, that’s an awkward question and I’m not gonna answer it."

Alex

They are just weird, man.

Confession: I've seen nothing made from the hands of David Lynch.

This error will be fixed soon.

He's known for his mindfuck movies but I actually like his 'normal' movies like The Elephant Man, The Straight Story, ... Oh yeah, one bit of advise, don't let Dune be your first David Lynch movie. ;)

I'm sure the recent explosion of Twin Peaks love and good press around the Blu-ray release served as a good litmus test for the decision makers. Divided between very excited and "wishing they'd leave well enough alone," but I'll watch the heck out of it if it happens. Worst case scenario, it gets filed with the Star Wars prequels and Indiana Jones 4 in some distant corner of my brain.

http://www.avclub.com/article/showtime-orders-twin-peaks-continuation-2016-210127?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

It's official, BTW - 9 Episodes on Showtime in 2016. All scripted by Lynch/Frost, all directed by Lynch. A mix of returning characters and new characters.

Fan made or not ... it gave me goosebumps!

Why would you think it's fan made? It's on Showtime's official youtube channel, and was tweeted out by David Lynch and Mark Frost!